Anyone in WV???

did​ my own last year the husband actually wielded the ax and mother is a darling with processing them but we do it as a family thing, bought a few red rangers this year and I have a ton of roos from the eggs I hatched. Food sealers are awesome. my parents got one and we used it on the deer they killed this year.

What do you feed them?? What age do you process them?

What do you feed them?? What age do you process them?
you can feed them regular feed, if you are raising chicks to eat obviously don't feed them medicated feed. The ones I did last year were just extra roosters so I just put them in a separate pen when they started crowing then I just fed them the usual. But with raising Cornish rocks I am sure you would want to kill them before they are that old. They are way better than store bought chicken. make sure you don't give them any fish a week before you kill them.

Ugh I think I'm having bug issues :( randomly lost an 8 week old last night, and then one has a sealed eye today. I don't see signs of bugs on them but it's the ONLY thing that makes sense cause there's no breathing issues. And their eyes aren't swollen and no nasal discharge. Gggrrr, I'm gonna have to burn the brooder box and really dust them down. I wish it was warm enough for them to go outside!

Hi everyone! It's getting to be that time again....chick season....errrr Spring I mean
1f60f.png
. I'm in Huntington and raise mixed up messed up chickens and Ancona ducks. I raised turkeys for the first time last year and plan to get more this year.

Hi everyone! It's getting to be that time again....chick season....errrr Spring I mean
1f60f.png
. I'm in Huntington and raise mixed up messed up chickens and Ancona ducks. I raised turkeys for the first time last year and plan to get more this year.
Hi I hatched my own chicks this year all were welsummers or welsummer crosses.

Back
Top Bottom