Anyone in WV???

Pics
Funny that you say that...my son and a friend were out playing and they had chickens on their shoulders...they said that the birds weren't chickens - they were 'red-neck pirate parrots' !
lol.png
I had to laugh!
smile.png

On another note...this heat sucks. 100+ today...NOT liking it. Remember the snow in January? Not looking that bad now!

Hello everyone! Athena here from Masontown, WV. I am wondering if anyone close to my area might have some hens they would like to part with for my cousin. she just told us the other day that she had to have at least 12 hens by Aug. 1st. She is in the FFA and is doing a Ham, Bacon and egg show and she has to have hens that are laying regularly by Sept. She will have to select the best eggs from her hens to enter in the competition. I have no chickens right now so i can only try and find her some. I have looked in the bulletin board and the market bulletin with no luck. I think they have to be pure for the quality purpose so if anyone has anyone in mind please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I also live in WV, born and raised. Orginally from Ritchie County, (Pennsboro). Now live in Jackson County,(Millwood). I have two peafowl, two toy poodles. So glad to see all others here. I am thinking of getting some laying hens. Am now trying to get my husband in the mood to start building a coop. Do anyone live close to or in Jackson County that I might buy Laying hens from. Sure is nice to meet you all.
big_smile.png
Sandra

I wish I could help you all who need laying hens! I do have some really nice young rooster and some lavender Guineas that I have put in the Bulletin Board for sale, so let me know if anyone wants any. The roos are different breeds, and they are all nice guys, but unfortunately they none of them lay eggs. I would let the roos go cheaply--read that 'free' if anyone wants them.
lol.png

Catherine

Hi all. I have 5 too many silkie cockerels/roos. FREE. Come on over and pick out 1 or take them all. Splash, dark blue, and black. 2 of them were first palce winners at the MD state poultry fanciers fall show in 2009.

I also have two too many black orp roos Free.

Have a great weekend all.

Hey Tammy, saw the thread about the little puppy dog... waaaaay cute. I have a one dog- dog... he hates other dogs but, Im sure someone will snatch that little cutie up! Good Luck and thanks for all that you do
smile.png

Thanks Erin. I am fortunate to have a great circle of friends. We rescue/place/rehome hundreds of dogs a year. Last year we averaged one dog every 2 days! Every now and then, one speaks to me and I devoted all of my time searching for a good match.

This little dog spoke to me!

Tuffoldhen has adopted him and named him Tucker. I am just puppy sitting until we have a chance to meet-up.

Let me just add that he is an absolute doll baby. My whole family loves him.

Ok this is SO off topic.

Heartstrings, I truly do love your rescuing efforts. I used to do Italian Greyhound rescue but I could not keep it up. (For those of you who do not know, Italian Greyhouds are tiny little dogs. They are like miniature Greyhounds. Beautiful and loving.)

Anyway--perhaps you do not know this, Heartstrings, but Iggy (IG, Italian Greyhounds) dances are magical. You can accomplish a lot with an Iggy Dance.

So I am going to ask my Iggies to send their Magical Iggy Dances in your direction. I am sure they will do so, as Rescue is a magic word on our farm.
big_smile.png

And we will send some to TuffOldHen, for adopting Tucker, too.

Catherine

Got a question for my local North Central BYC friends. I was reading a thread on here regarding Purina feeds. I started with their Medicated feed and about a month ago, I went to Flock Raiser. There has been alot of discussion and issues with the dust in the Purina feeds and issues with bugs. This recent bag they are eating from has had a few roaches in it but I thought they its just a bug and the birds would eat them anyway. Could you please reply and advise what you feed, and where you get it. I have been buying from the Clarksburg Tractor Supply but may be willing to travel and get something that might be better for my girls. They haven't started laying yet, hopefully next month and I want to get the best feed to help in their egg production. I have also put out the crushed oyster shell in the coop so trying to stay on top of things. Thanks- Ken

I use purina gamebird with higher protein for my cochins and rosecombs. I've never seen a bug!! Ahhh!! I think it's a pretty good feed. I have good feather quality and strong, healthy birds but, I also feed table scraps and let mine alternate freeranging. My chickens get ...chicken
hide.gif
and egg and other protein too about once a week. (I don't prepare it especially for them ..just what we have leftover) From what I've heard, purina is better than dumor but, I never had a problem with that either. I heard a commercial today about a feed store near Frederick that grows all their grains locally and processes them right there at the mill. Their bags have expiration dates on them and most are sold the same day they are packaged... I wonder how much that costs?

Back
Top Bottom