Anyone in WV???

Pics
We use Southern States feed. It is my understanding that there is a Southern States in or around Clarksburg. I also mix grains from a formula used for show birds and that comes from the mill and gets delivered to my feed store.

There is a Southern States in Clarksburg.

I sort of switch feeds around, because I get my feed from a older guy that lives right near here and has a small feed business. He gets Southern States but he also gets whatever he can get cheapest.

It is called 'Pappy's Feed and Tack'.

Some of the feed I like better than others, but the birds seem to do well on all of it. And of course they free range.

Catherine

Well its official. I officially have egg layers. One of my Barred Rocks provided me with my first egg today. It was normal sized and shape but graded below a small. Shell was pretty solid (haven't cracked it yet) so I guess they have plenty of calcium. They are on their new food, Layer crumbles from Southern States and they have plenty of oyster shell to eat also. Now if I am outside in the gardens, I have to hear for their cackling. I guess the next thing I am looking forward to is my lone Araucana to lay a green/blue egg for me. Its been a good day.

Oh wow congrats!
D.gif

Isn't that first egg really great! And I still love to see those eggs.

Right now I am getting a gazillion little pullet eggs. I will be glad when they are bigger, my goodness. This bunch seems to be laying small eggs longer than I remember the others doing so.

Catherine

Oh gosh I have just GOT to learn how to post pics.

Modern is short for Modern Game Bird Bantams. They are truly cute beyond belief. They have long legs like a sandpiper.

They are very friendly and gentle, in spite of their background as a game bird.

And like you, I don't want to charge for them, I just have too many roos. But they would make a dandy pet for a kid who likes birds.

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom