Anyone in WV???

Pics
Well I got four eggs today. Production is up. I gave the girls some small ears of corn that I had picked and they just love them. I need to get the super run finished but time and money is against me right now. Hope everyone is surviving the heat. - Ken

smile.png

Last edited:
Alright guys just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There will be a chicken swap in Kingwood, WV some time in late Sept. or October. I haven't decided on the exact time as of yet but I will let everyone know. This will be fun and interesting to see what types of poultry people will bring. this will be something that you will have to be preapproved to sell at. we have to make sure that there is enough room and also that we get healthy birds brought to our community. if you might be interested in this shoot me a pm with your contact info. and i will let you know exact date and location along with specifics if you want to sell. we do not have anything in our area like this so keep this in mind. weather you just want layers or a specific breed. anything can be sold goat size and under. thanks.

ajcress,

Did you plan to post the date and location on here for those who just want to check it out. If I am off from work, I might just drive on up from Bridgeport to see whats out there and also to meet some of you. I am still new to this chicken thing but it would be good to meet people who deal with different issues, threats here in the mountain state. Hope things go well for you.- Ken

Yes I do plan to post the date. It will be great for this area. it will be at the tractor supply in Kingwood, WV which is approx. 30 minutes from morgantown. I hope to see you there and anyone else who would like to join! If there is a good turn out then we will plan more but we must see how the first one goes first. Thanks to everyone who is showing interest!!!

The initial coop and run by father and I stick built. The SuperRun is all me. I'm getting tired of working on it but hopefully soon it will be finished and the girls will be 100% safe. I've spent enought money on it already. Just glad I have enough egg customers to offset the cost of feed and scratch. Just need the girls to keep up their production and give me a dozen a day. People just get a kick out of my green eggs in the cartons. I try to include at least one but I have been getting 2-3 a day. All brown eggs with some green thrown in. My customers think they are getting something new but as long as they are happy and paying my 2 dollar a dozen, I am happy with that.

Catherine, hope everything is going well for you in Fairview. Looks like we're finally getting our desparately needed rain tomorrow. Have a nice day- Ken

Yup, it is raining. We need about two weeks of it, constantly!

I do what you do, I try to put at least one green egg or blue or olive, in each dozen.

I just raised my price to $2.50, and you know, it will probably be $3. before too long!

Since the salmonella outbreak I think our home raised eggs are looking better and better to folks.
smile.png

Will you be able to let your hens range freely, or is it not safe for them where you are?

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom