Anyone Incubated Button Quail Eggs With Chicken Eggs?

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
Hello.
This morning I found a button quail egg, and I haven’t gotten one in months. I want to try hatching it, incase I don’t get anymore, but I have chicken eggs in the in incubator that I just put in yesterday.
Anyone ever tried? Thanks!

Honestly I wouldn't. incubation lengths are different so if you pop it in now it hatching would conflict with your chickens going into lockdown. If you timed it so they all hatch together it would be extremely dangerous for the wee button quail due to it's very small size. hatching and brooding them together risks the quail being trampled or suffocated by the larger chicks

Honestly I wouldn't. incubation lengths are different so if you pop it in now it hatching would conflict with your chickens going into lockdown. If you timed it so they all hatch together it would be extremely dangerous for the wee button quail due to it's very small size. hatching and brooding them together risks the quail being trampled or suffocated by the larger chicks
Ok thanks. I wouldn’t brood them together though

I'd just hold off until lockdown lines up and then make a ring type barrier around the button egg. Or you could put it in so you'd and go into lockdown a day earlier, one extra day of higher humidity shouldn't have a dramatic effect on the chicken eggs as long as you can control it well, and the button should hatch out before the rest of the chicks do. I hatch Coturnix with chicken and I remove chicks frequently so I just align lockdown and have a separate brooder for each.

Back
Top Bottom