Anyone Interested in a 2017/18 Emu Hatch Along?

My third week weigh in. One egg is progressing very well, the other one? hmmm not sure, losing a bit of weight but not much. but I wont give up, at least its lost some weight. getting kind of excited lol!

hi flappychicken! welcome to the 2018 emu hatchalong! I will try to post pics and videos when available. and please feel free to ask questions, I try to check in here at least once every few days.

Hi,
I hope you all had a wonderful new year. So I have set 5 my first is now on day 23 and when I picked it up I could feel small movement in side so exciting. So for the ones that had no weight loss you can bring the humidity down to see if that helps you don't want to much at once though just gradually get it loosing weight. Now for my 1st egg it has had swings back and forward in its weight loss but is just a little below the 15% and my other 4 seem to be sticking right on track.

Here is a chart for your egg weight loss it will be a diffrent weight loss for all eggs that is needed and that can be determined by the initial weight before incubation.

You might need to zoom in. But it gives initial weight and then what the weight loss should be from 13% to 15% and 17% weight loss
15150994883542034533125.jpg

someone told me each emu egg should be losing 150 grams a day in weight after week 2? wait a minute 150 grams is like .33 lbs? I'm thinking this is incorrect? my eggs weighed in at 2.35 and 2.45 lbs when they went into the incubator!!! did they mean milligrams? why do we even mess with this stupid metric system here anyways? oh yeah, I forgot, all the made in china incubators lol
Hi,
So with you 2 eggs they both should be kissing less then 98 a day due to them starting at 2.35 and 2.45

Back
Top Bottom