Anyone Interested in a 2017/18 Emu Hatch Along?

Put my two Emu eggs into the incubator today after receiving them via Ebay. They arrived in excellent condition. One was layed Dec. 11, the second Dec. 13. Rested them for a few hours and put them into the incubator that was already calibrated for 97.5 F and 34% humidity. The temps and humidity are holding fine and I am manually turning every 3 hours in alternate directions. Yep, I will need sleep by Feb. 5th lol. Anyone else looking to take part in a new Hatch Along this year and into 2018, come on in!! Good opportunity for us to share notes and ideas. This is my first Emu hatch so all advice is MORE than welcome lol.
(Did you get them from "mary4d"?!?

Yes I did. I got my eggs from mary4d on ebay. Getting kind of excited. Did another weigh in and the egg that I thought was a no go is definitely a go. Both eggs are losing the right amount of weight. With the latest weigh in today, I did it quickly as I'm so worried about this incubator holding up. When I put in Egg A, I positioned it after turning in its usual spot. Then picked up Egg B for weigh in. When I returned Egg B into the incubator, Egg A had rolled all the way 4 inches to the left. Figuring it had unbalanced on the silly plastic mat in incubator, I moved it back to its original position. Then I noticed it was shuttering, and I mean shuttering!! Never mind rock and roll, this egg was like a volcano lol!!! I sure hope I didn't do anything wrong when weighing in. I am so careful, always keep in same position and handle with ultimate kid gloves so there is no shock. Getting so excited! They are due Egg A Feb. 4th and Egg B Feb. 6th

Hi everyone, emu one is on day 43 and it is so cute my d/h tried to whistle at it to get a response but nothing. I walked in and just very quietly said hi it started just a shaking lol it knows it's surrogate mom. So excited..

Back
Top Bottom