Anyone Interested in a 2017/18 Emu Hatch Along?

Pics

juliefpc

Chirping
Feb 6, 2017
Put my two Emu eggs into the incubator today after receiving them via Ebay. They arrived in excellent condition. One was layed Dec. 11, the second Dec. 13. Rested them for a few hours and put them into the incubator that was already calibrated for 97.5 F and 34% humidity. The temps and humidity are holding fine and I am manually turning every 3 hours in alternate directions. Yep, I will need sleep by Feb. 5th lol. Anyone else looking to take part in a new Hatch Along this year and into 2018, come on in!! Good opportunity for us to share notes and ideas. This is my first Emu hatch so all advice is MORE than welcome lol.

Attachments

• 20171215_183326_resized.jpg
    20171215_183326_resized.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 61
Ohhh! Good luck with your hatch! I've been looking for some emu chicks to raise this spring, and thought about hatching, but I don't have the right equipment or time to do it. ;) I have hatched many chickens, ducks, and guinea fowl, and it's so exciting! Wishing you a great and successful hatch with your little emus! I would love it if you updated to let us know how they're doing! :D

Thanks Dees'NEees. My first weigh in was yesterday and so far, so good. I will update their progress in a few weeks. Merry Christmas everyone!

Let's hatch along. I'm with three eggs currently and have more on the way my first egg is on day 11 he or she has been having problems with proper weight loss he or she is now almost at the 15% mark for they day of incubation. My other 2 are on the second day at 16% wait loss.

Hmm, either my two eggs decided to take a break for xmas. I have not had a weight loss at all since my last weigh in last Saturday. I'm worried.

someone told me each emu egg should be losing 150 grams a day in weight after week 2? wait a minute 150 grams is like .33 lbs? I'm thinking this is incorrect? my eggs weighed in at 2.35 and 2.45 lbs when they went into the incubator!!! did they mean milligrams? why do we even mess with this stupid metric system here anyways? oh yeah, I forgot, all the made in china incubators lol

hi Shelby, yes I saw that post too, I'm thinking they meant milligrams? I sure hope so, after two months, there wouldn't be anything left lol

I know nothing about emus but I am happy to learn with you guys!

Well I know a lot of things about emus but I should know more. And also I would like to do emus but my family is not as keen on the idea as me.

Back
Top Bottom