Anyone Interested in a 2017/18 Emu Hatch Along?

Knowing chances are slim to none, my 3 emu eggs arrived yesterday after a long journey and after few hours rest and weights taken they are in the incubator! Wish me luck

Well it’s a little bit later in the season but if fertile the calendar means very little. Set’em, turn’em and bake’em. Remove when done! Hehe

Can’t hardly wait while my last three are in the incubator. Im looking forward to seeing those cute faces.

Hi guys n gals! I started incubating my 2 emu eggs. One laid 3-14 the other 3-18 and I started incubating 3-22. I left out of town for a week and my mom turned them and watched them for me. I came back and they were good.?

So emu 1 2 4 and l5 are all here loving life B5 is just starting to chirp so he or she will be here in the next or two. I have 6 and 7 on I believe day 30 something that will be coming soon. I am awaiting for emu B5 to hatch so I can put 5 more in the Bator. I am glad most are having good hatches to the ones that haven't hang in there it not only takes time to get the technique down but not all are actually fertile no matter what the seller said. I do have eggs available that are guaranteed for a while if you're interested.
Do you still have any. I bought mine from Kalaya estates but when I went back they were sold out since breeding season is pretty much over

I finally had wiggles on day 45 (May 11)from one of my eggs Just when I thought they were a lost cause. Skip to day 52 and this morning, I went to weigh my eggs n document their temps. I got a wonderful surprise when I took my little wiggle out and heard a whistle . Just to make sure I was imagining things, I whistled back n he. Made the sound again along with some kicking and scratching. My son and I are so delighted! Fingered crossed that there maybe a growing baby in egg #2

I checked both eggs before bed n wiggle is still rocking n rolling since this morning so I’m hoping he will have pipped through the shell within the 24hr -72hr window. His whistles are getting stronger, louder. I check my 2nd egg which has yet to wiggle or make a sound but I could have sworn I heard a clicking noise when I placed my ear to it and I thought I felt some slight movement when I held it but I could just be imagining it out of excitement. Wiggles now weighs 474g and the other 541g. I read that I had to raise the humidity to keep the chick from sticking to the egg so I adjusted it to 51% humidity. I hope this doesn’t hurt my babies.

The hole was a success! My baby busted out of his egg yesterday evening and he is drying off now in my homemade hatchery . He looks very healthy and is already trying to balance himself on his feet. I did use some medical tape on his feet as I’ve read that spayed feet can sometimes develope and taping helps prevent it. Everytime I look in the window to check on the little guy he pops his head up and whistles at me, then I whistle back n my son talks to him and tells him he loves the bird, which my son has officially named spongebob ! Now I have one egg left in the Baylor which is up to date as far as weight. Egg 2 is also moving a little , not enough to wiggle the egg yet but when I pick him up to check for measurements and temp I can feel him moving around inside! I’ll update my post again when any changes happen. Thanks for the positive vibes

Attachments

• 4BCBEDDE-BD85-4B81-995C-9B3753A71F2F.jpeg
    4BCBEDDE-BD85-4B81-995C-9B3753A71F2F.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 0707B628-FDB5-4A31-9732-80DD771F3119.jpeg
    0707B628-FDB5-4A31-9732-80DD771F3119.jpeg
    667.7 KB · Views: 8
  • E2D4BC15-E31C-4DA2-9E86-A40D80A5C82E.jpeg
    E2D4BC15-E31C-4DA2-9E86-A40D80A5C82E.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 7
Day 50!! No big wiggles.. But out of the 3 eggs.. Two are losing appropriate weight loss beautifully.. This waiting is driving me crazy

Back
Top Bottom