Anyone interested in a seed swap?

Gryphon

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2012
Iowa
On the BYH forum they have a seed swap going, is anyone here interested in doing the same? I'll start with what I have:

Heirloom tomato seeds:
-Cherry types
Reisentraube ( so prolific it looks like a bunch of grapes)
Tangella (orangy colored when ripe)
-Pink type
Eva Purple Ball
-Red
Ceylon (oddly shaped smallish fruit, tasty)
Yorkbec (very early type developed in Quebec)
Olomovic (early, and a "huge producer")
Doucets Plum Red (early, developed in Quebec)
Silvery Fir Tree (small fruit but tasty, and gorgeous foliage)
Rutgers (pretty tomato-looking tomato
-Paste
Hungarian Italian ("very prolific" with few seeds)
Martino's Italian (late, very meaty)
-Keeping
Yellow Out Red In (Keeping tomatoes are no good just off the vine, you have to store them a few months to ripen, making them the perfect tomato for when you're desperate for the taste of something fresh in the winter)

Herbs/Flowers
Lemon-Lime Basil (smells really lemony!)
Genovese Basil ("regular" basil)
Sweet Italian Basil
Oregano
Catnip
Spearmint
Southern Giant Curled Mustard
Red Sunflowers (brilliant red petals on smaller heads, but multiple heads per stalk)
Red-Blue Spectrum Zinnia

Fruits/Veggies
Pingtung Long Eggplant
Blacktail Mountain Watermelon
Sugar Baby Watermelon
Lemon Cucumber (yellow round cucumbers, I planted these in a friend's garden and didn't tell him as a joke one time ;D )
Scarlet Nantes Carrot
Connecticut Field Pumpkin
Hungarian Paprika (dry them and grind them up to make your own spice!)
Silver Edge Squash (apparently the flesh is nothing exciting, but has a ton of large seeds that poultry like)

All of these are non gmo and heirloom seeds. I've started my tomatoes from these seeds already and I've had excellent germination rate.

I'm interested in non gmo (not necessarily heirloom though as long as I know it's a cross), preferably in stock that has a shortish growing time since Iowa can be unpredictable with frost dates. I'm particularly interested in plants that will do well in shade (my back yard is loaded with trees and is a steep hill to boot, so wildflowers/plants that don't need attention are welcome there) tomatoes of kinds I don't have listed, (yes I'm a tomato fiend), or plants that my chickens would like. I have a 10 x 40 foot plot that I'm renting so I have LOTS of space, even with all the tomatoes I'm growing and I like seeing what will grow, even if I don't personally eat it.

i really want some of those lemon cukes!! and the rutgers, hungarian paste, and reisentraube. can you tell me if the tomatoes i want are indeterminate or determinate? and also did you see anything of mine that youre interested in? im gonna post what i have here in a sec.

The seeds i have to offer are:
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Pepper- Heirloom
Chocolate Habanero Pepper- Heirloom
TAM Jalapeno Pepper- Heirloom
Bhut Jolokia Pepper- Heirloom
Arroz Con Pollo Pepper- Heirloom
Cherokee Purple Tomato (Indeterminate)- Heirloom
Martino's Roma Tomato (Determinate)- Heirloom
Delicious Beefsteak Tomato (Indeterminate)- Heirloom
Big Boston Head Lettuce- Heirloom
Little Gem Lettuce- Heirloom
Red Romaine Lettuce- Heirloom
Georgia Southern Collard Greens- Heirloom
Blue Curled Scotch Kale- Heirloom
Tokyo Green Onions- Heirloom
Tendercrisp Celery- Heirloom
Fairfax Watermelon- Heirloom
American Ananas Melon- Heirloom
Marketmore 76 Cucumber- Heirloom
Tendersweet Carrot- Heirloom
St. Valery Carrot- Heirloom
Parisienne Carrot- Heirloom
Calabrese Broccoli- Heirloom

Let me know if you are interested in any of my seeds and let me know what seeds you have to offer :).

i really want some of those lemon cukes!! and the rutgers, hungarian paste, and reisentraube. can you tell me if the tomatoes i want are indeterminate or determinate? and also did you see anything of mine that youre interested in? im gonna post what i have here in a sec.

Rutgers-Determinate
Hungarian Paste-midseason Indeterminate
Reisentraube-miseason Indeterminate

The lemon cukes are a riot, plus they have a light flavor, very rarely bitter and look wonderful in a salad.

I'd like to try out all of the peppers you have, never heard of any of those! (of course the reason for that is I loathe pepper, but I have plenty of friends that love it and I like how the plants look ;) ) The Boston lettuce sounds good too.

Do you think five seeds per type is a good exchange? I can tell you that with my tomatoes I planted three seeds each so far and most had total germination, while the rest had 2/3 sprout.

Back
Top Bottom