1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone interested in splitting a Silver Ameraucana order of 25?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Squeaky, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Squeaky

Squeaky I squeak, therefore I am

Jul 5, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm thinking of putting in an order for 25 Ameraucana hatchlings from www.chickhatchery.com in Michigan. However I've got a few problems:

- Only orders of 25 or 50 are going to be filled, and only straight run is available

- The city ordinance allows me only 15 chickens, only one of whom can be a rooster

- Only straight run is available so I'm guaranteed at least some roosters and possibly a majority, and

- Although I'm set up for adult birds, I don't have any chick friendly facilities yet.

So... I'd like a partner in crime to split the order and help me out with surplus roosters. Is anyone in New Mexico interested in splitting an order?

I'm leaning toward buff Ameraucana but could possibly be talked into something different.

The birds would be ready in the spring, and the chicks would ship in April or May. These are full sized purebred Ameraucuana birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by