Anyone just want to talk chickens

TNBlacktails

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 15, 2012
Union County Tennessee
I know talking chickens is the whole point of the site, but I just want to talk chickens .
smile.png
Any breed ,any topic ,any pictures , any chicken knowledge . I just want to talk chickens with anyone anybody XD.

IMG_1644.JPG

Hen Cock

From MyPetChicken.com:

Sultan
Sultans are at the very height of ornamental oddity in the chicken world. Not only do they have a froofy cascade of feathers on top of their head, a v-shaped comb, muffs, a beard, and 5 toes instead of the usual 4, they're even feather-footed! They've been chic ever since the sultans of Ottoman Empire would keep them in their gardens. The one pictured below is molting - normally their crests are fuller. They are wonderful for show, because their "attire" is so impressive and outlandish. They're also very calm birds--on the show floor this translates to "easier for poultry judges to handle."

RelatedProducts3Text.gif

White Sultan

Limited Availability
$4.25

Sultan Rooster

originsHistoryText.gif
Class: All Other Breeds
Type: Large Fowl & Bantam
Size: Small (4-5 lbs)
Rarity: Rare
Purpose: Ornamental
Recognized Varieties: White

eggFactsText.gif
Egg Laying: Poor (1/wk)
Egg Color: White
Egg Size: Small

fancyFeaturesText.gif
Comb Type: V-Shape Comb
Crested: No
Feathered Legs: Yes
Number of Toes: 5

suitabilityToBackyardLifeText.gif
Hardy In Winter: No
Bears Confinement: Bears confinement well
Especially Docile: Yes
Setter/Broody: No
Personality: Super tame and calm

availabilityText.gif

Cackle Hatchery
Murray McMurray
Rochester Hatchery
Ideal Poultry

Last edited:
So what breed or breeds of chickens you got?
I have Easter Eggers, and Production Reds, and all kinds of mixed chickens. I have a few Polish babies gonna have to see how they turn out.
I'm currently mixing production type chickens and crested chickens into my EE's trying to improve their rate of lay and egg size and I just love those crests on the EE type chickens.

I have Old English Game Bantams Japenese Bantams Production Reds American Game . I want some easter eggers too ! :} Im getting ready to start incubating close to 3 dozen eggs . Do you incubate ?

Yes I do. I have 86 eggs due to hatch on the 30th.
These are Easter Eggers mostly. I have some Naked Necks on, and some of my crossed stuff. I'm gonna have to figure out how to keep them separate at hatch so I can tell what is what. The NN hens were crossed to a Golden Comet because I don't have a breeding rooster right now. Got some growing off right now though.

I have amercuna chick, welsummer chcik, 3 golden seabright chciks, one polish, one old english cross, and two white silkies, and a partrige silkie

Back
Top Bottom