Question About Zombie Chickens

Dec 17, 2023
Alabama
Honestly, I'm quite intrigued. I ran across something called a "Zombie" chicken. Does anyone have articles or something on them? I used to raise goats and knew about fainters. I saw a single video on zombie chickens and how they are the "fainting goat" of the chicken breed :lol: Do they faint or do something odd? I certainly don't want any but now my interest is peaked and I want to know if this is an actual thing or something one person is breeding a line of. My husband thought they were cool haha! I'd like pictures if anyone on here breeds them!

I think it's a cross between ayam cemani and white leghorn. It's called "Zombie" because the colors look like a dead chicken. They don't faint or do anything odd.
Now would that not be something else if they came up with fainting chickens? It's bad enough they go broody, but then we'd have them fainting too lol.

Okay, so no one is talking about it yet, BUT Cackle apparently has "Crazy Cackle Zombie Chickens." I was putting in an order last night and almost missed them!

They state they are not like the Ayam/Leghorn crosses others have used under the name Zombie, but Cackle birds include Ayam Cemani and Show Quality Silkies. I ordered 5, there's a limit of 10. So far it appears by the description this may be the first year they are released. It also looks like they are either already sold out, or they are being conservative and only making them available in inventory as they incubate to ensure they have enough. Currently there is only availability for February.

I am stupidly excited for these Zombie chickens.

Crazy Cackle Zombie Chicken

Okay, so no one is talking about it yet, BUT Cackle apparently has "Crazy Cackle Zombie Chickens." I was putting in an order last night and almost missed them!

They state they are not like the Ayam/Leghorn crosses others have used under the name Zombie, but Cackle birds include Ayam Cemani and Show Quality Silkies. I ordered 5, there's a limit of 10. So far it appears by the description this may be the first year they are released. It also looks like they are either already sold out, or they are being conservative and only making them available in inventory as they incubate to ensure they have enough. Currently there is only availability for February.

I am stupidly excited for these Zombie chickens.

Crazy Cackle Zombie Chicken
Oh wow! I'd like to see pictures when you get yours and I'd like to follow along as they grow. Seems interesting. Hubby wants some but I told him no🤣

Oh wow! I'd like to see pictures when you get yours and I'd like to follow along as they grow. Seems interesting. Hubby wants some but I told him no🤣
I will try and remember to come back and share. There are at least 3 colors pictured, but sounds as if they could look like anything.

I did get them for myself, but my husband and kids are really looking forward to them too!!

Back
Top Bottom