Anyone keep their chickens at a different location?

FuryanGoddess

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
PA
Apparently, Chickens aren't allowed in my township. I'm quite upset about this.

My father passed away in January and I was looking for this to be a distraction to help me w/ my grief. He and I were really close. My Mom had to placed in a nursing home, she has MS and now their property is sitting. It is in me and my sisters name. It's a trailer so no real resale value but there is 1 acre of land.

I'm thinking of maybe moving the chickens there and using the trailer to start myself a small knitting/crocheting/crafting business as a headquarters. Maybe even some holiday baking...

How often do you have to check on chickens? Do they go in their coop at night by themselves or do you have to shove them in? they'd be fenced in...

Any suggestions? Comments?

Am I crazy and out of touch here?

I don't want to have to give up my girls. If I had known, I wouldn't have gotten them... so many ppl gave me bad intel :(

I know someone who keeps her hens at a friends ranch. She goes every morning on her way to work to let them out of their "large" coop - into a secure, covered run.

Then she goes by at night to lock them up (they will go in on their own, but someone should close the coop door to keep them safe and draft free), and feed and collect eggs.

It works great for her - sounds like it would be good for you. You can always get an auto coop door opener if you don't want to hang around until they go to bed, and likewise - it will release them into the run in the morning....

Back
Top Bottom