Anyone know a good place to sell wild duck breeds besides here?

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Adding your general location to your profile can help folks make the best suggestions possible at a glance. ;)

You might be able to get an ad here...
https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/

Also I have great response advertising in my local Craigslist farm and garden section. I even use the the areas surrounding my location within a few hours drive... and some of the inland areas that I know folks vacation to my location.

I have several local feed stores that also offer posting boards.

One of our local radio stations even offers "sweet deals" where folks call and tell what they have over the air and give contact info to the radio station for referring interested.

Our local health food store also has a posting board outside.

Our local newspaper allows free advertising for items under $100, to subscribers.

I'm not sure if selling "wild" ducks is legal... I know here in California we need permits to keep any "native" breeds (California Quail, mallard duck)... or if bought from a hatchery they will clip a back toe to show they were indeed domestic. But I'm fairly certain we don't need anything for keeping Japanese quail or known domestic only duck breeds.

Anyways, hope this give you some useful ideas. :fl

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Adding your general location to your profile can help folks make the best suggestions possible at a glance. ;)

You might be able to get an ad here...
https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/

Also I have great response advertising in my local Craigslist farm and garden section. I even use the the areas surrounding my location within a few hours drive... and some of the inland areas that I know folks vacation to my location.

I have several local feed stores that also offer posting boards.

One of our local radio stations even offers "sweet deals" where folks call and tell what they have over the air and give contact info to the radio station for referring interested.

Our local health food store also has a posting board outside.

Our local newspaper allows free advertising for items under $100, to subscribers.

I'm not sure if selling "wild" ducks is legal... I know here in California we need permits to keep any "native" breeds (California Quail, mallard duck)... or if bought from a hatchery they will clip a back toe to show they were indeed domestic. But I'm fairly certain we don't need anything for keeping Japanese quail or known domestic only duck breeds.

Anyways, hope this give you some useful ideas. :fl
I did sell some in Craigslist I put ads in surrounding states I'm in CT so we're all fairly close. I do have permits and they are all toe clipped. I see a couple of other good suggestions thanks.

Hi! This is where I list all my birds for sale. I would list them on here. https://www.softbillsforsale.com/softbills-sale.asp What else do you raise and where are you located? I have a friend looking for some GW teals. I raise 18 different species of exotic ducks if your looking or any.
I'm in CT and right now I'm starting with Green wings and Cinnamons I also just got some wood ducks. I'm starting small and only keeping 2 Green wing pairs that hatched 11 birds this year. I have 3 Cinnamons 2 hens one laid 3 good eggs and none hatched. I just got a pair of wood ducks so now I'll be making boxes for the spring. My teal were only in their first year so hopefully next year will hatch a little better.

I'm in CT and right now I'm starting with Green wings and Cinnamons I also just got some wood ducks. I'm starting small and only keeping 2 Green wing pairs that hatched 11 birds this year. I have 3 Cinnamons 2 hens one laid 3 good eggs and none hatched. I just got a pair of wood ducks so now I'll be making boxes for the spring. My teal were only in their first year so hopefully next year will hatch a little better.
Cool! I wish you luck with spring!

Back
Top Bottom