?????Anyone Know A Hatchery That Has Splash Silkies?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by The Wolf Queen, Jan 8, 2010.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Ive looked around and cant find ANY hatcheries that carry splash silkies. Ive check website after website except Privett because theirs doesn't have a breed list and haven't found ONE!!! Anyone know???

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Well you would think any hatchery with Blue Silkies would have Splash ones... [​IMG]

3. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I had a splash roo that came from Cackle.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I ordered 10 blue Silkies from Privitt once, hoping to get a splash. I got 7 blue and 3 black. They were lovely and healthy, but I was somewhat disappointed not to get a splash. Any way you could hatch your own? I'm sure there's BBS breeders on here that would sell you hatching eggs.

5. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I wish I had pictures for you on our second generation. We got blues (not self blues mind you) from Ideal. They all looked black with a blue undertone. Second generations now I hatched out several splash chicks. Very pretty too. If I get a chance to get pics I will post them.

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

A friend of mine has some very nice Splash silkies that she got from Cackle. If I were to get some from a hatchery, I'd definitely get them from Cackle. My friend's birds have really nice crests and beards...I was really surprised when she told me where they came from.

7. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I would order from Cackle but I dont want 25 chicks and in my past orders from them I had a high death rate from them. I sure wish Ideal carried them. Ive never had one die from them. I could only find a single guy in NM that breeds those so im going to call him later to see if he has some layers cuz I really wanna start a splash and blue flock.

8. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I got a Splash Silkie from TSC....

Dont know who they order from, but I assume if you order blues, you may get some splashes... [​IMG]

9. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Ya know one of the things I really hate about NM is that they have 2 TSCs in the entire state and their ATLEAST 3 HOURS AWAY!!!!

10. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    We ordered 6 blues from Privett and received one splash, one blue, and 4 black.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by