Anyone know a lot about cacti?

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi, I know that this is a chicken forum but I need to ask a question about cacti. Do you water your cactus during winter? I live in Colorado so it snows but they stay inside. do you think I should water mine? I’m kind of scared to not water. I have a bunny ear cactus, a golden barrel cactus, and a moon cactus.

i though I should mention that I have a south west facing window so I get bright light from 12 PM all the way till 6 ish PM
but in the Winter I barely get any light. There are bright sunny days but on the days where it’s very snowy we don’t get much light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi! I LOVE cacti, and other succulents. I water mine all year, but only when their soil is super dry. I do a good water until it leaks out the drainage hole in the bottom of the pot. So very rare watering, but when I do, I do it well.

I don’t have a cacti, but I have a succulent and I water it once a week because that’s when the soil gets dry. The leaves don’t look quite right when I skip a week, so that’s what seems to work.

I don’t have a cacti, but I have a succulent and I water it once a week because that’s when the soil gets dry. The leaves don’t look quite right when I skip a week, so that’s what seems to work.
Sorry, also meant to add that I also water quite well when I do water and I water when the soil is dry/when the plant looks like it needs it which is about once a week

Hi, I know that this is a chicken forum but I need to ask a question about cacti. Do you water your cactus during winter? I live in Colorado so it snows but they stay inside. do you think I should water mine? I’m kind of scared to not water. I have a bunny ear cactus, a golden barrel cactus, and a moon cactus.

i though I should mention that I have a south west facing window so I get bright light from 12 PM all the way till 6 ish PM
but in the Winter I barely get any light. There are bright sunny days but on the days where it’s very snowy we don’t get much light.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom