Anyone Know Dog Breeds??

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
This is my 1 year old Chico. BREED? Mother is Deer Chihuahua. Was givin to us pregnant. So dnt know the father. Both ears use to be up but the cartlage in one ear got worn down from him wrestling with the cats.

Him at about 9 or 10 weeks old
103601_phone_058.jpeg

Him now
103601_img_1352.jpg

103601_img_1403.jpg

103601_img_1503.jpg

So what are you asking, exactly? He looks like a Chihuhua. It's possible there's something else in there, but if you told me he was a "pure bred" Chihuahua, I'd believe it. ("Pure bred" because with all the overbreeding of Chihuhua there's a lot of deviation from the breed standard, unless it came from show quality parents, which is unlikely since the sire is unknown).

Edit: He's cute by the way.

Last edited:
there is no such thing as a "deer chihuahua". Chihuahua heads come in two general shapes, apple head and deer head. but it's a descriptive term, not part of the breed name. Your dog could be pure bred chihuahua, but not a good example of the breed. The body shape does not look quite right.....could have some dachshund in it or possibly some other breed. It does not make him any less lovable though.

Last edited:
I'm no real help when it comes to Chihuahua's, but I will say its nice to see a chihuahua that is in good shape and not obese. There are far to many overweight chihuahua's around where I live.

Very Cute!!

He looks like a "deer" chihuahua in the head, but in pic # 2 with the floppy ear there's something in the muzzle that says doxie as well, and his torso is a mite long. He looks like he's mostly chi & there might be a smidge of doxie or another small breed in there. Chi's are great family dogs, if you can keep them a few years until they mellow a bit. If you were rehoming him, it seems you could call him a chihuahua, though not pure. Good luck!

He is not a Chiweenie. He looks to be a pure Chihuahua. I do have several years of experience in the Small animal Vet field, I have been working with animals for over 20 years. "Deer" refers to the shape of the head. However this shape is not accepted by the AKC. That is not to say the dog is not pure only to say you can not show him.

If you want more info on the head and breed try looking here

http://www.ehow.com/how_4776338_recognize-deer-chihuahua.html

Hope it helps
big_smile.png
He is a cutie

Back
Top Bottom