Anyone know how old these babies are??

Aleah913

Chirping
Sep 4, 2020
Screenshot_20220721-215040_Gallery.jpg

I was going to say a week as well.
Theyre currently in the coop with their momma, 3 other ducks (2 drakes 1 hen) and 5 chickens (all hens) its an extremely large coop (8×10×6) with a large run (10×20) with a large pool (5ft across and 1ft deep) do you think when the babies hatch should I just leave them in the coop with their mom or have them in a brooder?

Theyre currently in the coop with their momma, 3 other ducks (2 drakes 1 hen) and 5 chickens (all hens) its an extremely large coop (8×10×6) with a large run (10×20) with a large pool (5ft across and 1ft deep) do you think when the babies hatch should I just leave them in the coop with their mom or have them in a brooder?
I do have the means to fence off an area of their run with a smaller duck coop/house and I do have smaller kiddie pools for momma duck and I used a cake pan for when my other ducks were ducklings but wasn't sure what the best option was.

I do have the means to fence off an area of their run with a smaller duck coop/house and I do have smaller kiddie pools for momma duck and I used a cake pan for when my other ducks were ducklings but wasn't sure what the best option was.
I would separate her with your fencing. You can’t trust what the other ducks or the chickens will do to the ducklings. If she isn’t caring for them well, then I would remove them from her.

Back
Top Bottom