Anyone know what breed this is?

chickychicksxx

Hatching
Jul 28, 2016
Shelburne Nova Scotia
Hey, I'm new here so I'm not sure if I've put this in the right place but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed this is. 4 of my neighbours chickens got out and I can never catch him around to ask what kind it is but I think she's (I think she's a she lol) absolutely beautiful!

Looks like a cross bred to me. Likely a game cross, might even have some Japanese in him with the upright tail and shorter legs.

Thank you everyone for the replies and the welcome! I may have to call on your expertise again as I have a mix of chickens that I bought from someone who knows about as much as me (lol) and i have 3 young ones who aren't quite 3 months old yet and she claimed that only 1 is a rooster but I'm not sure. I'll post pictures when I venture out to the coop and I'm sure all you awesome people can help me :)

Here are further pics of my EE with head streaming feathers. And more pics requested. I now have 5 Roos from my hen order! Blue Barred Cuckoo Marans, rust EE, Orpington, 2 Buff Orpington confirmed by supplier. Hope I have no more. And yes the BBCM roo has been cranky! Hope beige is hen. Thanks for your id Help.

I say all the ones you posted are roos. The tan one has pointed feathers coming in around the neck and quite a bright red comb already. The shoulders look pretty dark too, perhaps a full body side shot would help.

Back
Top Bottom