Anyone know what breed this is?

JennyBean

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 30, 2012
SE Texas
I tried to get a new updated photo of our baby chick that I have NO clue what breed it is.

Any ideas? I thought Easter Egger at first. But it doesn't have puffy cheeks. It is about 2 weeks old in this picture.

How about these? 3 little black and three larger brown

Thanks kayleigh! There are three like this as well two different browns.
I would say Easter Egger on this one. A few of mine look like this. But I'm still new to chicks, so again, I could be wrong. I'm very interested to see what your little grey one turns out to look like. Please post updated pics as she/he grows.

Thanks kayleigh! There are three like this as well two different browns.
I have two black/brown and one that looks like this that are all supposed to be Ameracauna/Aracauna EEs But my two Welsummers look similar to this, they have more red than the other.

Two on the left and brown/black in the middle are the Ameraucana/Araucana EEs and the 3rd and 6th in from the left are the Welsummers. The yellow w/ eyeliner EE and the Welsummers all have that line down the back like yours. My vote is Welsummer.

Last edited:
I was told the Easter Eggers have a sort of bluish coloring to their legs. Those brown ones look like my Partridge Wyandottes (or that is what I was told they are). I am very new to all this.

Back
Top Bottom