Anyone know what they use to dye the chicks for easter?

I don't have a problems with dyed chicks, but most people have no idea how to care for them...and don't even realize they need to be kept at certain temps. Many of them do survive, somehow, but most of them die. Chicks are for the farm supply/feed stores, NOT the pet stores

Im sorry to hear that
sad.png
I have assisted, unwillingly, with declawing surgeries. That was my last day of work with that clinic. I would be willing to tell you more about my experiences if you would like in PM's?

http://www.declawing.com/htmls/declawing.htm

I would just like to add, to try and stay on topic, that the majority of chicks that are given to children on Easter are going to be forgotten. If a child is going to want a living being even more because it is colored, maybe it shouldn't get a living being as a gift?

The guy at TSC said they upped the min for chicks to 6 so that parents did not buy kids 1 chick for Easter-
I can't wait for the chicks !
Though after Easter in a few weeks there might be lots of chickens to pick from !
But I have fuzzybuttitis !

Mmm, the people at my farm supply store laughed when someone asked if their chicks were in yet. They told them they no longer get them before Easter because so many parents want to buy them as gifts and then come back asking to return them or give them away.

I grew up getting dyed chix at easter. They always ended up at a family members to live a healthy, happy life. It is one of the fondest memories of my childhood.

April

Quote:
nah..thanks though..i already know all about it...as i said i have declawed cats....and the ones that arent declawed have destroyed my very expensive couch...i wont ever give them up...but alot of owners do bring them to shelters because of this...than you have a homeless cat that will most likely be killed because there are soooo many in the shelters already...its sad...very sad....
sad.png
so i say, if it keeps cats in their homes and its done by a good/caring vet it can be a good thing.. thanks for your opinion on it though...we just have to disagree..
smile.png

Seems to me the main problem is not the coloring of the chicks but the parenting of the people who buy them and give them to kids with no regard for basic animal management. Obviously, that was not the case for several of the posters here, thank goodness.

It does concern me that e g g s are injected with artificial food colorings which are still legal in this country but questionable. I don't imagine anyone has ever studied the long term effects of this on the chicken.

Quote:
nah..thanks though..i already know all about it...as i said i have declawed cats....and the ones that arent declawed have destroyed my very expensive couch...i wont ever give them up...but alot of owners do bring them to shelters because of this...than you have a homeless cat that will most likely be killed because there are soooo many in the shelters already...its sad...very sad....
sad.png
so i say, if it keeps cats in their homes and its done by a good/caring vet it can be a good thing.. thanks for your opinion on it though...we just have to disagree..
smile.png

people more worried about some material furniture than the life of an animal they chose to get. I thinks its a terrible thing for a cat to experience and have to live with................eeeeeewwwwww

Back
Top Bottom