Anyone know what type of chicken this is?

DeeBreedlove

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2017
It's a bantam 10 weeks old

Attachments

• IMG_20170926_181554.jpg
    IMG_20170926_181554.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm really confused due to the comb and colors. (Colors of the legs too). I agree with @chickencheeper. Probably a G-L-W bantam. Deceiving. She is beautiful! :)

Dark Cornish will have a pea comb, yellow legs, heavier legs, lankier (game type) build, and what I can only describe as "buggy" type eyes (don't know official term)...very Cornish.

GLW will have rose comb, yellow legs, even at this earlier age be more gravy bowl shaped, at least lower and rounder, and will have a more refined head.

Dark Cornish...and yes...a very nice bird.

LofMc

Definitely was hoping for a pullet and after looking up the dark Cornish I believe that's what she is! My favorite out of the bunch as far as looks, but I have two black ones which I don't know what breed they are that will fly right on my shoulder or lap. They love to be held, but this one is a runner

I think I see a rose comb (blurry), yellow legs, gold lacing, and what appears to be a layer type body (need profile shot to be certain)... I think it is a Gold Laced Wyandotte....and if on the smaller size...bantam.

Full body profile would help with identity. (If bantam size, I need to see wing drop compared to body....if below body line, it may be a game type.)

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom