Anyone know what wires go where on a Little Giant Thermostat?

Woodcutterron

Songster
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
West Point .
Well, I went to temporarily hook up a Ranco Thermostat controller to our Little Giant Incubator . . . and for whatever reason, it won't shut off and just keeps heating. Wired it per the diagram, and I'm not sure what's wrong. Anyway, I want to put the Little Giant Electronic thermostat back in it, but in my haste, I did something I should have known better than to do and didn't write down what color wires went where.

If anyone has ordered a replacement thermostat, do you still have the wiring diagram? Little Giants 'Miller Mfg" website didn't have a downloadable schematic, unfortunately. Got our hatching eggs in so I gotta make it happen pretty quick . . .or the "Big Hen" is gonna make my life miserable for the next few weeks! Help!

Gratefully,
Ron

Last edited:
For the record, the wires in question are:

Thick Black wire from the heat element

Thick white wire from the heat element

Power supply cord, which one side is ribbed

Power supply cord other side smooth

From Controller:

Thin red wire

Thin Black wire

Thin White wire

Not sure if that'll help or not, ut thanks. Looks like I'm gonna loose 13 Blue Jersey Eggs . . . . oh hindsight! Dang procrastination!

Ron

Hope this helps! After first pic I just flipped it over to the left.

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Ron!! Would a pic of our little giant wiring under the top help you? I can take a pic of the wiring for you post it would that work?

OH nevermind!! JD beat me to it! lol GOOD JOB JD!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Thank you Redfogflocks. I sure hope it helps but looks like they gone offline. I hope they catch this in time!

Yes! I caught it! Thank you thank you thank you! I'll now be allowed to sleep in the house tonight. Again, thanks!
Ya'll saved me . . . . so far.
big_smile.png
If there is a problem with the hatch, I just guaranteed it'll be my fault for monkeying with it in the first place, heheh.

Okay, I'm operational! Man, thanks JD, and Redfogsflock, I really do appreciate both of you being willing to take the time to do the photo and Pics. You saved us 75 bucks in eggs, and most importantly, I'm not "The evil bumbler who destroyed the incubator" anymore, heheh. Not sure what the deal is with the Ranco controller, I bought it for an incubator I'm working on, though the Research and development didn't allow me to finish it quite soon enough. (R&D is my favorite euphemism for "not gotten around to it yet)

Again, thanks a lot ya'll.

Gratefully,
Ron

So glad to help. I've set my Little Giant aside and purchased the r-com suro but I'll still use it occasionally as hatcher. Let us know how everything works out and good luck!
Jodi

I hope it goes better than our first attempt. We got two chicks out of 30 eggs, It appears the temps were too high at some points, we had a heck of a time with the temp just spiking up 3-4 degrees, sometimes within fifteen minutes, despite the room temp beig pretty stable and we didn't touch the thermostat. Like it had a mind of it's own sometimes, that's why I tried to hook up the Ranco Temperature controller. 80 bucks, and it didn't function . . . . I'll try to get it figured out for the one I'm building, It's brand new so the likelihood is that I did something wrong, though the wiring diagram is pretty basic, not sure what I could have done wrong. I just hope we don't blow this hatch. I posted some pics of "The 200 dollar chick" in the Jersey Giant thread.

Again, thanks ya'll, I really do appreciate it! Now I have to get to bed . . . very tired. Practically destroying an incubator and 13 eggs is hard work!

Back
Top Bottom