Anyone know where I can find a mini mason jar quail waterer?

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I need a mini mason jar quail waterer or something similar. I have a crippled quail, that cannot walk at all, in a large parakeet cage and I need a waterer that is low to the ground so he can get to the water but something that he cannot get into and get soaked. I can not use a dish or shallow bowl because if for some reason he gets into it he probably would not be able to get back out. Also need something that will not take up a large portion of his cage. I have been getting him out every couple of hours to give him some water but would like to go away for a weekend and cannot find someone to watch him for me. Any ideas on were I can find something like this? I have tried the hamster waterers but if I get it down far enough for him to reach he lays right against it and he gets all wet.
he.gif

Anyone have any ideas?
fl.gif

I use a parakeet/finch waterer..
its a small tube with a small spot for them to stick their beak in and get water...
and they just clip onto the side of the cages...
Every petstore has them..even walmart..

Last edited:
I had a couple like that last year, they used a parakeet waterer. But it should be able to use a regular quail-base waterer, mine had one of those when they were little with the 'normal' chicks.

Erin What About The Standard Plastic Quail Fonts? You Know White Plastic Jar, Red Quail Font Lid? I Know Its Probably Bigger Than You Want But Would It Work?

Thank you guys. I ran to Walmart and looked in the bird section and found the parakeet / finch waterers. That is perfect for him.
ya.gif
Have never seen them there before.
roll.png

Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom