Anyone know where I can get 4 ft wide hardware cloth in small lengths?

keeko

Songster
10 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Asheville, NC
Hi all!
So we're just feet away from finishing our run, but we're short a few feet of hardware cloth. I originally bought the 4 foot wide galvanized steel hardware cloth in the 100 ft length from My Pet Chicken, but I'm only about 20 feet short. I need 4 ft wide hardware cloth, that's the tough part. Lowe's and TSC only have 3 ft wide. Does anyone know where - online or in person - I can find short lengths of 4 ft wide hardware cloth?

Thanks!

Both our Lowes and Home depot carry 4 foot in 25 foot length I would ask them to special order it for you possibly.

A lot of smaller hardware stores sell hardware cloth by the linear foot. At my local True Value, 4 ft wide hardware cloth runs $1.99 a linear foot. (36" is $1.69 and 24" is $1.39.) I think Ace is about the same.

There should be at least 1 Southern States over there around Asheville, I believe.
I'd contact them and see what sizes they have. They were the only ones to have 3 ft tall x a 100 ft. roll of all the places I called, and they got it in from the warehouse in a day or so. Since that effort, I'll ask them first. They seem to have a greater variety.

Thanks guys! I'll check into it! I was shocked that Lowe's didn't carry it...and told me they weren't able to order it either. The girl I spoke with was having a hard time with the numbers...as in 48 inches equals 4 feet. I think she just said they didn't order it because she gave up converting feet to inches. :::SIGH:::

A lot of places (not big box stores -- local feedstores, farm stores, locally owned hardware stores) will sell it by the foot and cut it for you. Ask around?

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Quote:
Yup, I would try the Southern States, they may be able to order it for you. There is one off Riverside Drive. If they can't, I bet Leicester Suppy would, its off Leicester Hwy, super helpful folks.

ETA: Howdy neighbor!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll try Southern States and Leicester Supply (thanks NeeleysAVLChicks!! and Howdy back atcha!)...I tried a couple local hardware stores West of Asheville in Candler and I was in the same bind...only 3 feet wide. Weird huh?

Thanks so much - you guys are the best!

Back
Top Bottom