Anyone know where to find cages like these?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Oregonbeek, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Oregonbeek

Oregonbeek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
  2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Wow those are really nice. Sorry I can't help you though. I have not a clue where to find something similar.

3. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. Oregonbeek

Feb 18, 2013
  5. Chikaby Pond

Chikaby Pond New Egg

Feb 20, 2013
    Those are great! I raise quail and my guess is these are homemade. I have never seen them anywhere. I built my own; not as nice as these. :(

6. Oregonbeek

Feb 18, 2013
    Which are great? The ones from Latvia or the other Ebay ones? Or the fancy commercial-looking ones.

7. Oregonbeek

Feb 18, 2013
    I added this one: https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=25 to a cart to see what shipping would be at it was about $340. All together you would be into it for about $850. That seems a little steep despite it being a nice set up.

I'd probably go with this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUAIL-CAGE-...043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf1c8aeb if there was an easy solution for catching the poop.

Hmm, maybe I'll just go with the Latvia ones. I'm so confused lol. I wish they just sold them at my local feed store.

8. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    You'd be surprised what you can build over the course of a couple of days/weeks. I am constructing a quail pen similar to one at this link (click here) with 3 removable pens, so maybe it's not "exactly", but close. I think I have 3 hours into it so far; I have 1 cage fully built, the frame of another and the shelf / frame for the system cut and ready for assembly. Each night I spend a half an hour or so on it, so I am still able to help my kids with their homework as well as helping the wifey with dishes or whatever else needs to be done around the house.

Also, for what it's worth, I have no "real" carpentry skills to speak of, and with the exception of a drill, I don't have any power tools. My hand tools work fine... I just don't like paying 80 dollars for something that I can build spending a quarter of the cost, which is what I'm seeing when I look at the photo.

My quail eggs arrive this friday and will go into the incubator saturday, so I still have time to complete my cages, and my brooder is already on stand-by.

9. here is my set up, shevling made into pens. each pen is 1200mm by 400mm , height roughly 350-380mm. took me a day to set up.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by