Anyone know why she's doing this each time??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Our 2 year old female GS/DS mix has been acting weird today towards our 8 year old GS male. At round 4am, our male had a seizure and both females were licking him over until he got up and was fine afterwards. Mika started growling and attempted to attack Mooshu but my dad held her back. She did it again a few hours later when Mooshu had another seizure. Mooshu has had seizures before but Mika has never tried to attack him.
I've called and talked to a few vets but they weren't any help. I also tried to search on google but that wasn't any help either.

Anyone know why she's acting this way??
Anyone have this happen to them before??

Our 2 year old female GS/DS mix has been acting weird today towards our 8 year old GS male. At round 4am, our male had a seizure and both females were licking him over until he got up and was fine afterwards. Mika started growling and attempted to attack Mooshu but my dad held her back. She did it again a few hours later when Mooshu had another seizure. Mooshu has had seizures before but Mika has never tried to attack him.
I've called and talked to a few vets but they weren't any help. I also tried to search on google but that wasn't any help either.

all ive heard is that chickens might attack other injured chickens...
I'm sorry I can't be of much help to you :(

I hope your chickens will be okay! :hugs

edit: sorry... are these chickens?

My mother, who has bred and raised dogs for about 15 years, Akitas to be exact, and she says it doesn't sound weird at all, dogs can sense seizures, but she doesn't know what is wrong with him, her guess is that it is attacking him because she senses the seizure, but doesn't know what to do. Therapy dogs can sense seizures before the human even knows, they are even being trained to sense covid in humans.
But definitely separate her from him, because she can hurt him.

My mother, who has bred and raised dogs for about 15 years, Akitas to be exact, and she says it doesn't sound weird at all, dogs can sense seizures, but she doesn't know what is wrong with him, her guess is that it is attacking him because she senses the seizure, but doesn't know what to do. Therapy dogs can sense seizures before the human even knows, they are even being trained to sense covid in humans.
Separate her, because she can hurt him.
She wasn't with him when the seizures happened. The females sleep in my parents' bedroom while Mooshu sleeps in the living room. Since I had been awake all night, I was with him when both happened and woke my dad up each time.

And how could they have licked him, did the seizures happen at different times?
After my dad woke up, he came out but before we had a chance to grab them, they both ran out the bedroom door and over to him while he was having his seizure and tried to lick his face.
My dad felt terrible that they kept escaping

Back
Top Bottom