Anyone make lotion?

Iheartchicks<3:)

Songster
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Mount Vernon, WA
i made it today!! SO FUN! i made it with 3 types of oils (mineral oil, barsax? and one other one) plus beeswax and scents. It is awesome! Im thinking i should make it and sell it? Yes no?

I make it, too. If you want to sell on a regular basis, I'd recommend getting insurance just as a cya measure. Your home owner's insurance agent might be able to help you.

I love to make hot process soap, too. Have you tried that yet?

Id do not have a home, so i lack an agent.. haha it would just be for friends family and maybe BYC so.. ya. ha no i have not tried making that! i dont really know what it is! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, then I probably wouldn't worry about insurance. You really only need it if you're selling at say, farmer's markets and someone gets a rash and sue happy.

Friends and family are great guinea pigs.
smile.png

Hot process soap? It's old fashioned soap, but you warm the oils on the oven so that the process moves along faster. You mix fats and lye, stir until it is ready, then add colorants or fragrances. Pour in a mold, cut the next day, and voila! They make great, fairly inexpensive gifts, too. Only downside is that lye isn't available in grocery stores anymore, so you would need or order or find a chemical supply house locally.

Don't let the chemicals scare you - it is really easy. Just make sure to dress properly and get a cheap pair of gloves and safety goggles for while you're getting it down to a science.

Back
Top Bottom