1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone mixing their own feed in Georgia?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by heymikey, Dec 14, 2009.

1. heymikey

heymikey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    I've worn out Google and the phone book searching for someone who will mix grain for me in North GA. I'm willing to buy a ton too. Even my local feed stores aren't willing. Is their anyone here in North GA that has found a source for custom feed mixing?

P.S. here is the mix (Salatin).

Broiler Layer

Ground corn 31.5% 30%
    Cracked Corn 19.4 20
    Roasted soybeans 30 31
    Crimped oats 11 11
    Sea-lac 3.6 -
    Nutri-balancer 3 3
    Lime 1 5
    Kelp meal .5 .5

2. earthfriendlyfarm

earthfriendlyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Ellijay
    Hey, we are in north georgia, Ellijay. where are you located? I heard recently about someone who mills, but I will have to retrace my conversations to recall it. Do you have all the grains and just need a miller? Where do you get your grains? Next year i will plan on planting all our own.

3. heymikey

heymikey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    Quote:Hey, I could possibly get many of the grains but I want to support a local mill and would prefer they acquire the grain and mill and mix it. I'm willing to buy in large amounts to make it worth their efforts. With the exception of corn, I think growing your own would be more trouble than it's worth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by