Anyone near Chicago, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Aug 21, 2011.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    As many of you know, I have indoor ducks. I haven't been on in a while due to personal issues. Right now, I am in a very unsafe position and need to move asap. My father has a room for me, but not for my two ducks. I've tried every friend and family member... If there is anyone in my area or nearby (like Indiana) that has room for a 5x3 ish pen and can keep the two ducks inside while I move and find a job, please help!

If anyone is close by, I can come everyday day to feed/water/bathe/etc them.

If it's a bit further I can come a little less often.

Of course anyone who could do this would be compensated and provided with all the info they would need for them. This could be a short amount of time up to couple months, depending on how quickly I find a job and get moved into a new place where my ducks and I can live happily.

If it were someone further away, daily phone calls and a webcam would be preferable!

Otherwise, I feel my only other option is to have them put down. They have no normal instincts and cannot live outside. It would be so cruel to make them live outside, or get eaten by a predator or die from stress.

I'm a bit hopeless right now and am hoping someone can either help or come up with ideas for me.

Thanks you everyone

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Oh Nettie I wish I was closer I'd take them in a minute, I know someone will be willing to help just hang on.

3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    I am so sorry! I cant imagine how hard this is for you [​IMG] I as well would take care of them for you if I were closer [​IMG]

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Nettle if you thinking shipping them would be ok, they can gladly stay here in FL until you get settle and back on your feet. We have 3 acres, lots of outdoor critters and plenty of indoor space.

I hope someone closer can help out so you can visit.

5. Brad2388

Brad2388 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    I live in NW Indiana but highly doubt them being able to stay inside. If they'd be ok outside I could pry help. If not I wish you luck.

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    You could ship them to me if they don't mind 2 dogs. My dogs are good with birds, nice & friendly. They could hang out in my bathroom when I go shopping (or come with me). I have a diaper harness with leash and plenty of shoes. Would they wanna sleep with me? [​IMG] I could send you pics and letters from them, but don't know how to use my webcam.

7. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I'm still looking into kennels and pet sitters. I just need space to keep them. I can still care for them in all the ways they need, I just need somewhere to keep them.

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I don't have anything to offer in the kind of help you need, but I do send my best wishes and hope that everything goes well and you find what you need to be able to keep your ducks. [​IMG]

9. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Nettie, if you can ship them to me, I'll be happy to accommodate an indoor home.

I live in Berkshire NY, LMK!

10. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Good luck! Sounds like if you can ship them, at least you have options. I can't help directly, but wanted to let you know you and your ducks and everyone involved in your troubles are in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping you come out of your troubles quickly, safely, and stronger than ever.

Blessings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by