Anyone on day 18-We've got chicks and PICS! pg 3

I'm on day 18 tomorrow. Hoping my broody who I just moved down to a nest on the floor stays there. I'm expecting blue and splash silkies!
fl.gif
:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

Hey Chelesa,well I am on my day 14 counting today.And the closer it gets,the more excited I get.I always get excited,no matter how many times I hatch.I just love it.I have one Bator with 42 eggs,And the second one has 16 and waiting soon for some more.So on the 3rd I stop half in 1st bator,and the 6th stop the other half in bator.Plus I got Duck eggs and chick eggs in the other one.So I got to try to keep the humidity a little higher in the second one.WOOOOOOF,,I get nervous doung that.But excited too!!!!!!
barnie.gif
:fl Sandra

Wow Sandra-that's a lot of eggs!

I have a chick out! It's a black tailed white jap. Super cute! I also have some EE pips and another bantam pip. How's everyone else doing?

Now I have 2 japs out, and two EEs zipping, and 2 more bantam pips. It's funny cause it's only day 19 and my temps are not high. This happened last time too. I also notice that the different breeds tend to all hatch at the same time. Lats time all of my wyandottes hatched first, this time the japs.

I have one red broiler out and about 5 more pips that I can see. there are probably more that I can't see. I"m not worried too much about the previous high humidity. that first chick hatched really clean.

Oh that's good fowlwoman1! I'll have to look up red broilers-don't think I know them. Are they meat birds?
I just had another egg that was marked as a japanese come out a weird color. Don't know if that happens with them or not. So now I have a total of three japanese chicks out.

red broilers are meat birds, but the ones I have are a very healthy group. they don't have leg problems or heart attacks. they fill out slower than a cornish cross, but they are just beautiful IMHO because they are always filled out. I've never actually eaten one yet, but I plan to in the next couple of weeks as I have some that are 8-10 weeks old right now.

One of my Golden Phoenix eggs is pipped
jumpy.gif

Hoping for at least half of these to make it all the way.
I have 10 in the hatcher out of 12, 4 of those I had marked with a ? as the air cells looked odd (shipped eggs) and the one thats pipped is one of the ? ones.
I have 3 silver Phoenix that are 2 months old, they came from a hatchery, looks to be a Cockerel and 2 Pullets. Since I plan to Show the Phoenix getting some pullets and a cockerel from these would be great!
Good luck to everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom