Anyone on day 18-We've got chicks and PICS! pg 3

coffeemama

Barista Queen
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Oregono
Today is day 18 for me-starting at 12pm pacific. I have a variety of bantams in the bator-frizzled cochin, japs, wys, d'uccles, silkies, and some LF EEs. I also have 4 EEs under my broody hen. I'm
fl.gif
to get some silkies and d'uccles, and anything else will be a bonus! With my hova1588 I can go all the way up to day 18 without thinking much about my eggs, but when I take them out of the turner, the watching begins! Anyone else going into day 18?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on day 20 with no pips yet. I'm hatching 27 eggs. EEs, red broilers, black sexlinks, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, and crosses of all the above.

How exciting! I've got to go in and get my eggs off the turner. Trying to decided if I want to do the carton method or not. I forgot to say in my original post that I have 39(I think) eggs due to hatch. I'm crazy!

Today is Day 18 for my remaining 10 shipped Golden Phoenix eggs. I had some slowpokes from my last hatch and just moved the last 2 cochin mix xhixks to a brooder this morning and quickly cleaned the hatcher and filled the water and let it stabilize all day.
Humidity is still a tad high so just removed one of the plugs would really like humidity down to 73-75 before I move eggs over.

Good Luck to everyone else!

Hi!
I have birchen Modern Game, mottled Japanese, and silver Campine eggs on Day 18 in the hatcher (one MGB was pipped when I moved them to the hatcher this morning and she's hatched now).
I tried using egg cartons with the hatch week-before-last and it didn't go well. Not sure if it was just a squirrelly hatch or the cartons were the problem. Once was enough, tho.

I have blue / black Ameraucana eggs on Day 18 under broody hens AND 'mystery duck eggs' due to hatch Tues as well.

Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

I have some chicks that are peeping now-not sure if I heard silkies can hatch a little early....maybe it was late, I dunno
roll.png
I'm trying to get a second hatcher stabilized so that I can put my EE eggs in, but that may not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a pip now in my bator! Just a teensy weensy square pip about 1mm horizontal and vertical. I first saw it about 2 hours ago. It hasn't changed yet. I'm worried about this hatch because they were too humid throughout incubation.

Back
Top Bottom