Anyone On Here Keep or Breed Bettas??? *Pics Welcome* Betta Thread

Wow, everyone has such gorgeous bettas. This is our guy, Roseneigh.

59572_shells_pics_019.jpg

We've only had him for a few months & I just love his personality. I haven't had one in almost 20 yrs & now that we have him I realize how much I'd missed them.

I am in Bernalillo and I've been breeding my bettas for a little over one month. I have two batches one week apart. My advice is get a magnifying mirror. They are so small when they are born that it's impossible to see them and they really don't start putting on significant size till around 3 weeks. Also I've learned to keep my water warm and shallow. I change the water daily about 50-75% of the water and so it takes a good 2-3 hrs to ensure I've not scooped up any babies. I'd love to meet you sometime, my name is Wally.
Also if you go on craigslist and go to free, you can ask people if they have any tanks they would be willing to give you. I've had really great luck with craigslist and it saves money.
I would like to know where your buying your brine shrimp. I've not located any place so far and they are really crucial for your babes to eat. I've just been using fusoria and egg yolk but they really need the baby brine shrimp so if you know where we can buy them I'd appreciate it.

Wally in Bernalillo (580) 229-3790

Back
Top Bottom