Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

I agree he should have not taken anymore orders and been honest in the first place,sounds like he's been dealing with health issues for quiet awhile he should have shut his buisness down a long time ago!!!

Sorry to hear whats going on with Farwest Hatchery. I ordered 25 silky/sizzle chicks back in February I think, anyways I was suppose to get the chicks on the 29th of this month but after reading all the complaints and especially hearing that the owner has had a stroke/heartattack, I understand why things are going wrong. It would have been nice to get a phone call or email stating that they could not fill the orders because now I am not sure where I can find these kind of chicks locally. I know Jenks does not carry them because I called them before contacting Farwest Hatchery. I hope and pray that this family survives this tough time and hope that they can get on their feet again. I guess I will be calling them monday morning to cancel my order and lighten their stress load. Sorry to hear that you others are struggling to get your money back. I hope this company does refund everyone whats due to them. I have already taken a $200 loss on chicken eggs this year....ughhh

does anyone out there know where I can buy silky and frizzle hens in the southern oregon area (eugene and south) or northern california (Redding and North to Oregon??? Thanks for any help.

There's a poultry swap in Canby...

Facebook page is Oregon Spring Poultry Swap. There will also be one in Corvallis in the Fall

I am headed to the bank tomorrow to see if they refunded my money. Will let you know. Jenks chicks are coming along nicely.

Did anybody receive chicks in the last weeks from Farwest?

We ordered (and payed) in January and because of a 'miscommunication' between two of their employees our order got pushed to April 10th.

Frustrating enough that we had to wait several months, after reading this thread I am not so sure anymore, that we are getting our 50 new babies at all.......

No e-mail response from them, nobody answering their phone.......guess, if my cc company does not work with us, I am out of luck, since we paid so far in advance......

First time and never again.......

Last edited:
I ordered fom them & sent them a check - they were supposed to be delivered March 12th. I got a call from them on March 11th? saying that something was up and the chicks I ordered would be delayed till April 2nd. I don't have them yet (as of April 9th), and I have not heard from anyone. I tried calling everyday for the last couple weeks & get the same 'We're closed' message.............

hopefully you paid by credit card but you only have so much time to contest and hopefully get your money back..I paid in advance and didn't get my chicks last week.. They did call a day later and said they would refund my money but I didn't get refunded as of yesterday. I will be filing a complaint. I had trouble with them last year so shame on me for dealing with them this year. I did get my chicks last year but a week later.

Hey thanks for checking, I would definitely look forward to what you find. I called Farwest and talked with a employee yesterday who said he would make sure my order got cancelled since they can not fill it now with all the problems their having with the owners health. He was very nice and understanding. Again I think they are trying to be a good company and honor everyones orders or refunds, its just their in a big mess trying to get things done with only few people.
I hope everyone gets their orders or refunds. I would like to see this company survive this hurdle and the owner is our prayers.

Back
Top Bottom