Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Sounds like farwest are crooks if they are still taking orders and not issuing refunds.If it were me I would have called better business and/or consumer affairs and filed a complaint,good luck but doesn't sound good.

I ordered through Mc Murrays hatchery several years ago and lost all 25 to mareks disease which they were suppose to innoculate them for. After a heated discussion with the secretary lady, she got the manager who told her to replace my order with another 25. When that ordered came through the post office gave the local feed store my special order of silkies, which I could NOT get back. So I had to call McMurrays again and show proof that the ordered was delivered to the WRONG person. Mc Murrays than sent a 3rd bunch of chicks which I did recieve and all but 2 survived the trip and out of the remaining 23 chicks 5 where hens and 18 where roosters. I was reassured at ordering time that it would be 50/50. NOT quite 50/50 though. Someone else got my hens.
yippiechickie.gif

I chose NOT to order through them again. Just too much bad luck.....
wee.gif

Today a friend of a lady is picking up 10 frizzles for me in Eugene so I will have babys tonite. Still working on the silkie connection....
To be fair, you cant sex silkies AT ALL when they are babies. we say straight run is 50/50, but some hens do throw more of one sex then another. PLus we all know someone with 4 boys that keeps hooping for a girl :D.

I'm lucky, my silkie hens last year leaned twards the girl side. Mind you this was not true of my shipped eggs!

Me again, Well as of today, Farwest hatchery still has NOT refunded my purchase and its been a month. Now they are not taking phone calls. I am so disappointed and frustrated, because I not only do not get my chicks but am out the money too???? I did talk to two individuals about the refund which they assured me I would get back but no luck so far. I know things must be hectic there but I would sure have liked a email, phone call, anything to let me know whats going on.

I will send them a certified letter now and/or dispute the charges through my credit card company..... UGH.... more paperwork.......... Wish I had not ordered through them after all..... another major diappointment.....
barnie.gif

If anyone is short on Rhode Island Red pullet chicks or straight run Ameraucana chicks I will have extra of both the 1st of May. $3.00 for the pullets and $2.50 straight runs. South of Portland, Oregon.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Decklyn

Hi Prairiewind,

why would you have to go to all this trouble if you paid with your cc?

Did you talk to your cc company?

When I did not receive our order, I just called my cc company, explained the situation to the dispute center and they refunded the money within a short period of time.
They tried to get a hold of Farwest to verify my statement, but the Hatchery did not answer. They also send the Hatchery a letter with a 45 day response time.
If Farwest does not come up with a real good explanation why they did not fulfill the order, the refund is permanent.

No paperwork, no hassle at all. One time Phone call took maybe 15 minutes all together.

Good Luck!! ;-)

Hi, already tried my card company, they said I had to fill out a form which they would then send to Farwest Hatchery to dispute the charges since the chicks are not coming. Anyways I have to do this before Cabelas Visa card will get my refund straightened out.

Hopefully it will be a painless process....

Terry is full of crap! I've heard story after story and still no refund... all just talk outta his mouth! and still since beg. of March NO REFUND... oh but he has given numerous excuses..

I have for Four 8 week old chicks for sale. Locally hatched and raised by me since they were under 24 hours old. We have one of each, Maran (copper, non feathered legs). Buf Orpington, Sliver Laced Wyanadote (blurry feathering) and Golden Lace Wyanadote (sharp crisp feathering). The Maran wasn't sexed but she lok just like our adult Maran did at 8 weeks. PM me if you want more information.

Back
Top Bottom