Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Thanks chillin with my peeps! I would appreciate any help finding silkys and frizzles for sale....
wee.gif

Hi,

just a quick update:

no chicks received on the scheduled day, no call from the hatchery about a delay or cancellation, nobody answering the phone, no option to leave a message either.

So I called my credit card company, explained the issue and they credited the amount I payed months ago in advance to FarWest Hatchery back on my account, same day. Very easy and painless.

Only frustrating thing: we were counting on this order. If FarWest would have informed us as soon as they were aware of any issues, we could have looked for a different hatchery earlier. There is no way that we get the breeds we were looking for at a different hatchery soon, for sure no at the same time......

Good luck to everyone who keeps his hopes up with this hatchery.

I would order from Murray McMurray Hatchery if you can't get local. My hens are all wonderful.

Sorry this was a reply to Prairiewind's post earlier.

Last edited:
Hi,

just a quick update:

no chicks received on the scheduled day, no call from the hatchery about a delay or cancellation, nobody answering the phone, no option to leave a message either.

So I called my credit card company, explained the issue and they credited the amount I payed months ago in advance to FarWest Hatchery back on my account, same day. Very easy and painless.

Only frustrating thing: we were counting on this order. If FarWest would have informed us as soon as they were aware of any issues, we could have looked for a different hatchery earlier. There is no way that we get the breeds we were looking for at a different hatchery soon, for sure no at the same time......

Good luck to everyone who keeps his hopes up with this hatchery.
Again try Murray McMurray. Also where are you located. The feed stores here in Bend Oregon are still getting chicks in weekly. They don't reserve them but check them out at http://highdesertranchandhome.com/highdesert-blog-details.php?blog=26 They have chicks coming in all the way through May along with Ducks and turkeys etc. I bought some black cochins and they are wonderful. They have a great selection.

We ordered different breeds to see which one would work best for us:
Austra White, Rhode Island White, Black Sex Link, Brown Leghorn, Black Copper Maran, Cuckoo Maran, Barnevelder.

Since we lost some over the last year, we were hoping to replace some, too:
Ameraucana, Black Australorp, White Leghorn, Rhode Island Red, Welsummer

So far I couldn't find a hatchery who has all these breeds available at the same time.....

I am not too thrilled with the customer service @ highdesertranchandhome . They reserve chicks/ducks but only for 'special' customers, whatever this means.....

But thanks for the suggestions!

Will check McMurray again. ;-)

I actually received a call from Farwest right before my chicks were supposed to arrive and was lied to twice! I almost wish I didn't get the call at least then I wouldn't believe they were being purposely malicious and deceitful.

If you have a Facebook account leave your experience on Farwest's face book page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farwest-Hatchery-LLC/458461854205030?ref=stream

So others know to contact their credit card companies and get a refund while they can. I honestly doubt Farwest will issue refunds to customers that have already paid.

Decklyn

I ordered through Mc Murrays hatchery several years ago and lost all 25 to mareks disease which they were suppose to innoculate them for. After a heated discussion with the secretary lady, she got the manager who told her to replace my order with another 25. When that ordered came through the post office gave the local feed store my special order of silkies, which I could NOT get back. So I had to call McMurrays again and show proof that the ordered was delivered to the WRONG person. Mc Murrays than sent a 3rd bunch of chicks which I did recieve and all but 2 survived the trip and out of the remaining 23 chicks 5 where hens and 18 where roosters. I was reassured at ordering time that it would be 50/50. NOT quite 50/50 though. Someone else got my hens.
yippiechickie.gif

I chose NOT to order through them again. Just too much bad luck.....
wee.gif

Today a friend of a lady is picking up 10 frizzles for me in Eugene so I will have babys tonite. Still working on the silkie connection....

Back
Top Bottom