Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Again I will say your crazy if you order from them,remember you get what you payed for but I would not send a shady operation like this hatchery any money how could you trust him,just read the reviews from the other bycer's that's all you need to know if you have a brain otherwise I have no sympathy for anybody who gets taken!

I ordered one hundred cornish cross from Farwest Hatchery, arrival date April 3 and guess what? They didn't arrive. Last year I ordered 60 and 2 weeks later they arrived after having several conversations with the owner. This year I have tried many times to contact them to no avail. Their answering machine is turned off. So I think a letter to the attorney general is in order. We work our schedule around the arrival of the chicks and it throws bad curve when they don't arrive on time. So to anyone thinking of doiing business with Farwest, I would say don't waste your time.

We order our chicks from Union Mills in Mulino and have for many years.. Just call them and preorder. They always arrive on time. They get theirs from Jenks Hatchery in Tangent Oregon!

Sadly to say we also have been taken by Farwest and are out $$$. Here are a few options for folks trying to get some of their money back.
You can call the city of Gervais, Oregon police department at (503) 792-4575 370 Elm Ave Gervais, OR 97026. Make a complaint; consumer fraud is against the law! Another option is calling the Oregon Secretary of State business complaint phone number Consumer Protection Section Hotline, at 503-378-4320 or toll-free in Oregon at 877-877-9392. They work directly with the Department of Justice, here is the website

http://filinginoregon.com/pages/business_registry/research/business_complaints.html

Don't forget if you paid with a credit card call the number on the back of the card and ask for the procedure to file a chargeback against the payment made to Farwest if you have not received the goods you paid for.

Good Luck and hopes this helps others.

Decklyn

I got a phone call this morning before I started making phone calls to file a complaint and it was from Tony at Far West who said the owner had a stroke. Prayers for him but they should have the courtesy to at least call their customers and tell them they were not shipping. He said he would credit my card but it would take a few days as there was no one in the office who could do it. He was very nice but I hope I get my money. I called Jenks Hatchery and got their answering machine but within the hour, the owner John called and met me halfway with my cornish cross chicks. What a great guy. They don't deal with less than 25 chicks and mainly have cornish cross. They are nice chicks.

Obviously do what you think is best and you were fortunate to get a call back. I would still suggest you contact your credit card company if that is how you paid and explore the option of filing a charge-back. Most credit card companies and banks only give you so much time after the charge to file a charge-back.

Good luck either way.

Decklyn

Wow... Terry had another stroke. He had one about 2-3 weeks ago and he was telling me about it when I went to the hatchery. He has been fighting cancer for the last year.

Cedar

Back
Top Bottom