Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

we ordered and paid in January... was told a couple days before we were due to get our chicks (and only because I called them or I wouldn't have known) our eggs were not even set yet! I asked for a refund after hearing this again... that the eggs again are not set, was told a refund would be made now 2 months later and countless excuses besides fighting to even get someone to answer the phone or the phones to even be working I now will need to consider other sources to get my refund. This is a post on here from someone who has been taken as well. Hope it helps

Sadly to say we also have been taken by Farwest and are out $$$. Here are a few options for folks trying to get some of their money back.
You can call the city of Gervais, Oregon police department at (503) 792-4575 370 Elm Ave Gervais, OR 97026. Make a complaint; consumer fraud is against the law! Another option is calling the Oregon Secretary of State business complaint phone number Consumer Protection Section Hotline, at 503-378-4320 or toll-free in Oregon at 877-877-9392. They work directly with the Department of Justice, here is the website

http://filinginoregon.com/pages/business_registry/research/business_complaints.html

Don't forget if you paid with a credit card call the number on the back of the card and ask for the procedure to file a chargeback against the payment made to Farwest if you have not received the goods you paid for.

Good Luck and hopes this helps others.

Just talked to Terry again....(seems the number above that someone posted works and goes straight to Terry himself) was told he will send me out a cashiers check today... do I believe him? I've been told a lot of things... was even told he has others due refunds but no way to get a hold of them because secretery that left deleted stuff off the computer... if you are due a refund good luck!! Is this another excuse? Will see if he calls me back this morning for my address that he apparently don't have anymore in the system or not :/

I have no personal experience with Far West but know that local co-ops and feed stores have had problems with communication and deliveries this year. My understanding is that Eugene Backyard Farmer has tried hard to resolve issues with them and has decided to work with another hatchery in the future. I hope the company is able to figure it all out and become more dependable.

I contacted my credit card company and we are in dispute with Farwest. The credit card company refunded my money unless Farwest has a good explanation why they shouldn't. To those who paid by credit card, there is a time limit to request a dispute. Good luck to all. I am truly sorry that this hatchery can't get their act together. This is my second year dealing with them and it will not happen again.

If anyone is short on Rhode Island Red pullet chicks or straight run Ameraucana chicks I will have extra of both the 1st of May. $3.00 for the pullets and $2.50 straight runs. South of Portland, Oregon.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Decklyn
I have Marans and Dark Brahmas Looking for White cornish Not cross
Far west got us too 100 chicks for the feed store pretty sad .

Back
Top Bottom