Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Im in the same boat, I spent around $100 for chicks from Far West hatchery, never got the chicks, NO phone calls, so I called them and was assured from Jan that I would recieve my chicks, NO CHICKS, called back and Jan had quit, man answered the phone who said he was a friend of the owner and was there just helping out, he told me to leave my information on the phone and I would get a refund since they were no longer shipping chicks or filling orders since Terry the owner had health issues. Well its been 7 months, NO refund, NO chicks, NO phone calls, my credit card company VISA says it is too late for a refund on there end even though I requested the refund with them 2 months after the order. So I just got took for $100 dollars, I hope he used my money well because it takes me about 14 hours of work to get that kinda money. I earn less than minimum wage due to the type of work I do. (commission).... Struggling small business owner..... The few joys in my life are my chickens...

I've also been to small claims court many times for debts owed, won 5 in court and never collected any money. Spent alot of time and money and lost wages to get ready for court, go to court than stress out about how it went and when I would get paid. Even though I won, again I never got paid, the courts will not force the debtor to pay, I had to get a collection agency to go after them, that did not help any either. These people live in my town and could care less that they owe me. I am currently out of
$ 9,000.00 and as a small business, this is devastating to my company. So pursueing money through the courts has not paid off and would not as far as trying to get money from Far West! Thats why I hope he spent it carefully and he still will answer to God for not paying back these people who did not recieve what they ordered. Second thought, since I am trying to be a christian and learn to forgive, I forgive this company for failing to send the chicks or refund my money. I pray for your health to return Terry and I hope my money helped you out some. May God bless us all even though we fall short and God Bless America!

The guys I bought my coop from have also had problems with this company. They delivered 10 coops to Farwest and had their payments back-charge so that they were never paid for. These are $1000-$3000 coops.

I honestly think that at this point there's no money to give back. They owe SO many people that refunds would literally have them in the red. i feel sorry for those who didn't get their refunds :(

Hey thanks for the responce. Sorry to hear your friends are out so much money. I did find a lady on ebay who lives up north by eugene who sells pure bred silkies, they were pricey but they are great birds and the lady was very helpful and nice. I got 10 from her about 6 weeks ago. Take Care and God Bless. Your chickens cute in the planter...

I like your attitude Prairie Wind. You will be rewarded in more ways than one. I got my money from my bank america card and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Good luck in the future and blessings to you.
chickamo

Last edited:
Poultry Growers Needed (Fertile Eggs) (Oregon/Washington)

Farwest Hatchery LLC is among the fastest growing multi-breed hatcheries in the United States. Our growth brings opportunities. We are looking for contract growers to produce fertile hatching eggs. Breeds would include standard size chickens, bantams, turkeys, ducks, geese guineas, quail and pheasant.

Customized contracts, tailored to meet each grower's space and objectives, are available. Each contract will include terms and conditions to address maintenance of true bloodlines, housing, sanitation, fertility rate, and strict biological security measures. Under a contract, Farwest Hatchery would be obligated to buy your eggs at the contracted price.

Give us a call at 503-933-5107, ask for Terry.
  • it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3882585674

Posted: 2013-06-19, 9:21PM PDT

email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).

Tammy, This ad is from 6/19 but I drove by the hatchery today, it looks shut down. Sad thing is that my 2013 chicks came from NW hatchery egg (sold as over runs) and they are really nice birds especially the Blue Maran. It's to bad the owner sucked at the business end of thing.

Last edited:
Tammy,

I don't know where this ad is coming from but I can tell you that in January of this year, I order about $100 worth of chicks from Farwest Hatchery and NEVER got my chickens nor a refund. They quit taking phone calls and I could not get a refund from my credit card because it was past 30 days. I also called this hatchery many times and was basically lied to by several people who promised me a refund! NO REFUND. NO CHICKS! And I am not the only one!

I would not do any business with them until they make things right....

Terry called me he said he wants to buy eggs he also said every one that paid was sent a refund and that ad was on craigs list for Oregon do a google for eggs and it will pop up.
hes wanting people to sell him many eggs so he can get back into buisness , Tammy

By the way I agree with you i posted this as he said there was a guy that worked with him that sold him bad eggs and chicks ,
anyway he owes me too. i posted to alert people

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom