Anyone order from Meyer Hatchery before?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by c0dywhite, Feb 3, 2013.

1. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    I ordered 120 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. Anyone have good or bad experience with them, if so let me know. Thanks!

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    I ordered 5 chicks from them, worked out great!

3. mtnviewfarms

mtnviewfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

In spite of a recent 'tragedy' due to postal service taking 3 days to get the chicks from Meyer in
    Ohio to me in N. GA - all but 3 died - Meyer replaced all of them I lost. It was also partly my
    error due to ordering so late when it was too cold to ship day old chicks that distance.

Next year if I order the 'rainbow pullet assortment' from Meyer I will not do so after September.

I've never ordered chicks from any other hatchery other than Meyer as I've always been so pleased with both their quality of chicks as well as great customer service and live guarantee.

In my two 'rainbow pullet assortments' from Meyer ( 50 chicks plus 4 extra they put in ) I got
    wonderful breeds - Black Australorps, RIRs, Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns and
    Easter Eggers.

All are extremely healthy and so attractive - now 10 weeks old. I highly recommend Meyer.

Hope you are pleased with the chicks you get from them.

4. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    Thanks for the info! I ordered 4 duck last year a pair of Blue Swedish & a pair of Rouens, but the male Rouen died. They replaced him too. I don't deal with any other hatcheries bc I like Meyer & you are right about the quality & customer service.
    I ordered Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Light Brahma, Silver Laced Wyandottes, & 100 meat roosters. The meat roosters are for a friend, I had him order with me, so they have a higher chance of staying alive.

5. weaversfarm

weaversfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    I just got my order of the brown egg layer assortment 2 weeks ago from Meyer. All arrived healthy and hungry! I did lose one but had nothing to do with the hatchery. Our electric went out for 6 hours and it was -3 degrees F here, so with no heat lamp on them one died. I have ordered from Meyer before, always with good results.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by