Anyone order from MyPetChicken?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by smokeykk, Jun 3, 2011.

1. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    If you have, could you tell me.... are they good at shipping... or have you had deads? And also, would they send packing peanuts with 4 chicks?

2. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    bump

3. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    try posting in the hatchery section

4. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Meyer is the hatchery that supplies them I believe!

5. littlep

littlep New Egg

Oct 30, 2010
    Sauk City, WI
    I did. Ordered 4 BO's last August. They shipped out on a Monday and arrived Tuesday AM around 10:30 (I live in Wisconsin). They were in a small box with straw / hay packed around them. They were all alive and in good health.

6. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    I got my 8 girls last June from MPC. They don't do packing peanuts, they will put in a heat pack w/ the chicks. All 8 were bright & active & peeping like crazy! Shipped out on Tues, received on Wed. I do believe they use Meyers as their supplier. Good luck w/ your chickies!!

7. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I ordered from MPC. I got 15. All extremely active and healthy. Mine shipped from Ohio to MD in 1 day. I didn't have any packing peanuts cuz I got 15. These birds r 8 weeks old now and r healthy still and beautiful! I would definately order from them again. Little expensive. But I am very happy with them.

[​IMG]

8. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I think they are the middle man . Meyer is the one that packs and ships. I ordered from MPC and was not happy. MPC lost my order.
    I have had better luck from Ideal, Mt Healthy and McMurray.

9. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    We ordered from MPC and had no problems. They do not send male packing peanuts, they use little heat packs instead. I was told in some cases if they are going to very cold conditions they will add one or two chicks, but they will be sexed as pullets and be a breed that you already have in your order. My chicks hatched Monday and where at my house Tuesday morning!

10. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I have ordered twice from MPC and have been extremely pleased. The chicks arrived in excellent condition and are all happy and healthy, with the oldest at 14 weeks. Definitely will order from them again in the future! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by