Anyone play the violin?

yes I think that's was I was taught... I like the books, just not the method. I'm learning the humoresqu by anton devok (I know I'm not spelling it right...) in the 3rd book right now. IT'S SOOO FUN!

Had to quit playing my bowed psaltery. Couldn't get the rhythum down, frustrates me to no end and drove hubby up the wall. He is a much better player than I am!
sad.png

yes I think that's was I was taught... I like the books, just not the method. I'm learning the humoresqu by anton devok (I know I'm not spelling it right...) in the 3rd book right now.  IT'S SOOO FUN!

Which books are you using? I really hate reading music, I prefer playing by ear but reading music is necessary unless you have someone right there showing you, or a recording. I took piano as a kid and never really learned reading music that well even after years of lessons. But it's a bit different with the violin since you only pretty much hit one note at a time until you get really advanced. You guys have made me pick this instrument back up lol.

Violin is a wonderful instrument but I suspect that the earlier in life that you start to learn, the easier it is. At best, violin is difficult to learn how to play, but the best start when they are about 5 years old.
I also think violin is difficult to learn how to play, Maybe I have no talent in here.:)

I played some fiddle - that bowing stuff is no picnic.
I think talent gets you far, but so does practice. Muscle memory. My muscles are very forgetful.

Now I play a Bass Violin! I love it. Somehow, bowing from above is easier for me.

Well bowed psaltery might be easier to play than violin but the bow use, argggggggggh!

Some folks like the dark rosin than the light rosin. Any of you have any preferences why they work better than the other?

And the strings, some say the the round strings holds the sounds better and longer than the straight steel wire. I found the round wire has a deeper sound.

Back
Top Bottom