anyone real good with candling need help with wild easterns

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jimmythechicken, May 27, 2011.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    my friend gave us a call that they were going to destroy a turkeys nest next to there house were they are build a new house.so we drove over an picked up all 11 before that were destroyed.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You will have to call the game wardens, they can take these or tell you who will be able to "rehabilitate" them. Good luck!

3. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. clintwilson59

clintwilson59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    They look pretty far along to me but Im no expert.

5. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Don't quote me on this because I can't see the veining and I'm only going on the aircell size and how full the eggs look, but I'm think about 21 days or so.

6. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    :lauThey should be hatching in the next few days! I bet they are out by Monday. You also can not have these eggs! You should edit this post for these "standard bronze" eggs!

7. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Yeah the egg is pretty much "full" except the airsack so expect some babies! [​IMG]

8. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    good news update we found someone who can take the eastern wild turkeys if they hatch.i got a list of wild life rehabers an call a few found someone who said if they hatch he will take them in to theere turkey rehab program.they were super excited atleast we know they will have a place to live when they hatch.dont worry we will take lots of pics before we send them to there new home.

9. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Why cant you keep them?You dont want them or is it illegal because they are wild animals?

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  10. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    it is illegal in our state to have wild eastern turkeys i could raise them an prob get away with it but i like the fact my girls want to do the right thing an give them to a rehab center.we are just happy we found someone local that can take them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by