anyone remember these old t.v. shows....

Quote:
I remember Fury, The Rifleman, and My Friend Flicka, as well as Sky King, Bozo the Clown, Milky the Clown, Howdy Doody, Mickey Mouse Club, Lassie, The Wonderful World Of Disney, How about The Adventures of Princess Penelope Pittstop. Johnny Quest, Kimba the Lion.

By the way I found a DVD of some of the Original Episodes of Fury, and Roy Rogers in the $5.00 bins at Wally World.

Also some of the Original Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, and some of the others.

I love the old classics, and so far, almost every show that has been mentioned I can remember. How about the Mod Squad, F-Troop,Shirley Temple Theater,

ANd for you fellow ex-Detroiters How about Million Dollar Movies, George Peroit Presents, Carol Duvall's Craft and garden shows.

I guess you can tell I grew up with the One Eyed Monster, as my mother used to call it. We had one of the first color TV's on the block and I can remember all the neighbors crowded into my parent's living room to watch the moon landing.

Last edited:
"Red skelton" and also "the bugaloos"
My little brother liked speed racer at the babysitters house..

And, hmmm...Was it the "Barry Manilow" show?
Something music..hehehe..

We didn't grow up with a tv, but dad used to repair them..So I would sneak viewing time out in the garage when he was at his day job, or out on a date..We were "latchkey" kids
wink.png

Later on was "Hill street blues" and "Quincy"

I had a black and white tv thru most of the '80s

I still have a B&W battery operated TV for ER situations (radio on the side). One day when the power went out we pulled it out to watch the weather (storm was coming, it was bad), so we watched the weather and told our youngest we got cartoons on for him. He was about 6 at the time and comes RUNNING into the other room after like 3 seconds screaming:

"SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH THE TV - THE STORM TOOK ALL THE COLOR AWAY!"
lau.gif

Gotta love those kids... try explaining to one that noooo... thats how TV's USED to be and they look at you like you have 10 heads.

Just thought of my favorite cartoon ever!

GRRRRRRRRRRRAPE APE!

hee hee hee

OH what memories you are all bringing back!!

Mr. Ed and Petticoat Junction!! And Green Acres!!! LOL!!! DH says that's us now. Love the way he "puts his foot down in the opening sequence because he is the man of the house!"
lau.gif

I too crushed on Johnny Gage... who didn't?
wink.png
My grnadmother used to pace in front of the TV saying, "That Lawrence Welk Show is on now, I do love Lawrence Welk." Drove my mother crazy!
lau.gif

Oh the memories!!

Oh yeah! CHIPS!!!!

My family didn't get a television until I was 11 years old (and I was the youngest!). We were so deprived. We'd go to the neighbor kids house just to watch any old show on tv. But the neighbor kids would come to our house because our mom was the only one on the block who made chocolate chip cookies.

Quote:
This is funny! It reminds me of a story my sister told. (As a pediatric dental hygeinist, she hears everything!) A little boy was talking about in the old days, "when the world was black and white". He truly believed everything used to be black and white...like all the black and white film before it was colorized!!!

Back
Top Bottom