Anyone remember...

oooh, I was really little when Dairy Queen came out with Dilly Bars one summer. The Dairy Queen was at the end of the block where Grandma lived. I was actually allowed to go there myself. (Grown up, I now know that every neighbor called Grandma and told her and my parents exactly what I did for every step of that one and a half block walk.)

Dilly bars, the weekend introduced, were 5 cents - made in the back on big trays. Next weekend, 10 cents. They were instantly very popular. Gads, I am old.

Quote:
I thought I was maybe the only one that would remember the blue Knee-Hi soda.
(It was really a knee high, it cost a dime and if you brought the bottle back you got a nickle for it)
Those were the days...........

Who remembers the 7 up bars and what 7 areas had in em?Pop rocks. Playing board games. Being very upset after seeing the quiet but fun game: hungry hungry hippos. Nothing louder on the face of the earth with four kids getting into it. The original jack in the box. Chucky scared kids less. Water wiggles and slip and slide. Hi Go Cherry Oh when the cherries were carved wood. When wonderful World of Color and Bonanza were the only shows in color.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wasn't the box pink, too? I seem to remembering my milk resembling watered down Pepto Bismol in color
sickbyc.gif
. If they had them around still, my daughter would LOVE them. She loves anything pink!

Ah, so many things... The clothes, for one...

104887_chrislara78.jpg

The (real) Dukes of Hazard and Mork & Mindy...

Mello Yello with the key

8 tracks

Merlin

The first time I watched a movie on a VCR. We borrowed one from a friend, who had like 5 movies. Saw those 5 movies about 600 times.
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A.T. Hagan :

Pink Panther Flakes, Quisp, Quake, Space Food Bars, I remember all of them. Tang you can still buy and the same for freeze-dried ice cream. In fact you can now buy Quisp again.

I remember excited we were when the first Pong games came out. This was a little before the home version as these were big dedicated machines two people sat at to play. I was in high school then.

That was a different world back then in the sixties and early seventies. Not the technology but the attitude and mind set.

I hated tang! Yuck! It is like metamucil for kids, all gritty and orangey flavored.​

Quote:
I remember the first time we watched movies on a VCR. It was a rented VCR! The place in town that rented out movies also rented out the machines.

Back
Top Bottom