Anyone sell duck eggs? How much is too much?

Hey everyone - Thanks.
clap.gif
I like the methodology of $1.00 per week then drop .50. I'll leave it at 4.00/6 for now. Spring and summer may change things though. Wish all of you sell out. CA is voracious for fresh eggs expecially after the salmonella scare.

Your neighbor is jealous and maybe a little thick in the head. If you are selling out at $6 a dozen, you are not asking too much. Duck eggs are larger, more nutritious, harder to find, better for baking, and have a zealous following among those in the know. I have a chef friend who will pay $7 or $8 a dozen if she can't find them cheaper (and usually pays $6 a dozen).

Just smile and thank her for her help. And go on charging the price that the market will bear. Sell them to the people who value them the most (the people willing to shell out the highest amount of money). Enjoy!

I agree with everyone else on here; selling out each week means your prices are NOT too high. Sure wish I could get that much. I'm at $4 a dozen and finally have 2 regular customers.
roll.png

I sell my chicken eggs and ducks eggs for $3 dz. Sometimes I have extras and sometimes I can't meet the demand.
My ducks lay just as good as my chickens, free range better and eat less bought grain than my chickens and I love my ducklies.
love.gif

My ducks are laying really well right now. In Dec I was getting about 10 a day then after Christmas it dropped to 3-4 a day. Then a few weeks ago I was getting maybe one a day. In the last week they have gone from 6 up to 8 as of today. My chickens are barely giving me eggs except for my breeder birds.

I mix and sell a dz of duck and chicken eggs quite often. Some people just want duck eggs. Some hate duck eggs.

I love duck eggs over chicken eggs any day! And they are way bigger and heavier. My duck egg customers have fits when I hand them a jumbo carton of those things!

But for now, I am sticking with $3 dz and am glad if I sell out.

I think if you are selling out of duck eggs then whatever price you are charging is just right. If people aren't buying your duck eggs...then you might want to drop your price...but why would you drop your price if people are paying it? And what does she care? If she wants to sell duck eggs for less than let her.
Quote:

Quote:
I was raised to raise prices until they blink whatever the market can bear Is the price to go with the lady that don't like the price does not have to buy them

I sell mine depending on the market. I was selling at $5 a dozen last year, and I am at $4 a dozen this year. If you think about it, a duck egg is more nutritious and generally larger than a chicken egg. I figure a dozen of the biggest chicken eggs is about $3 in the store around here, so a dozen duck eggs being more like 1 1/2 dozen in size, I sell them for $4 or $5. $3 for friends. If you do a cost anallysis, you will find at $15 a bag for layer feed, a dozen eggs costs about $1.45 to produce, including the carton.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom