Anyone selling turkey eggs? I'm in GA.

katiek

Songster
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
Wildwood, GA
We are on the hunt for 25 Turkey eggs. We'd prefer heritage turkeys.

We are in northwest GA.

We have fertilized Rhode Island Red eggs if interested in trading.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What breeds are you looking for? Right now we have Beltsville small white and White Hollands laying. There are pics on our website

Steve in NC

I think we had originally been thinking about Bourbon Reds. This is our first time raising turkey, so we aren't set on one particular breed.

When will you be getting Bourbon Red eggs?

Any suggestions on breed would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Katie

i got heritage turkey eggs for 7.00 each plus shipping and i got rio grande turkey eggs 7.00 each plus shipping. if interested email me at [email protected]

Quote:
Our Bourbons have just started mating so we should have eggs mid Feb.

On the breeds it depends on what you are going to do with them. And what size you want

The Beltsville's and Midget toms go about 20 pounds
Royal Palms just a little bigger
Bourbons around 30 pounds
Hollands and Standard bronze about 35+

The Midgets were voted best tasting turkey last year by the ALBC and I will agree with that 100%. The Belts are the best laying turkeys I have ever seen. Palms are great eye candy, Bourbons very very curious, Hollands very layed back and calm, Bronze curious but not as much so as the bourbons. Hope that helps some? If you have any other questions feel free.

Steve in NC

Steve,

Thanks for the great info!

Would it be possible to mix and match? Would it be okay to do 6 Reds and 6 Midgets?

Or 4 reds and 2 Midgets?

We decided to start smaller for our first year.

About how long does it take for them to reach their full growth?

Thanks so much,
Katie

Quote:
Yes you can mix and match. They can start laying about 8 to 9 months, full growth about a year.

Steve

My Royal Palm Gwen should be laying soon.
smile.png
I've seen our Royal Palm, Lance, mating with her. Not sure how much longer before she lays, but I can add you to the list if you are interested?

Back
Top Bottom