Anyone setting eggs 1/19/11?

You are more than welcome to join in. Porous eggs show up occassionally for us too. Usually it is an older hen, but I am sure it can show up in younger ones as well. We try to keep oyster shell available to the hens and keep them on a good layer ration. I don't know if there is anything else you can do to correct that problem with the shells, but if there is, I am sure someone will chime in.
Good luck with your hatch,
Christie
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh, what I would give to have a few TRUE Aracauna!! So tired of seeing the title in various hatcheries' catalogs but then they show a pic of a bird that has a tail...
barnie.gif

Anyone know of a hatchery or breeder that has TRUE Aracaunas??

My Eggs are here!!!!! All 33 of them!!!!! Only one broken egg!!!!!

Final count:

17 Coturnix eggs
33 Button eggs
2 Sumatra eggs
1 Serama eggs
3 Seabright cross eggs(Peepers Descendants) 4th generation.

Setting tonight around 3:00.

My eggs arrived today too...coldest day of the year so far, negative 2 below zero windchill negative 22 below zero. All 20 Light sussex eggs are intact and resting. I will set them tomorrow morning.
Christie
yippiechickie.gif

I set my eggs on Thursday 1-20. ~so far, (14) Golden Cascade/ Duck Eggs & (7) Chicken Eggs. Also, I set (1) more Duck Egg on Friday 1-21.. Total=15 Duck Eggs. My 1st batch of (11)duck eggs ended up being duds Wednesday, so I hurry & set this batch. I'm new & still learning about all this. ~Congrats on getting your eggs~
thumbsup.gif
*Good Luck Hatching to All,* ~Julie~

I just set my first batch yesterday. I also have a broody Silkie. So, I put 5 under her and 5 in the bater. They are barnyard mixes, but I think I should have 5 EE/Cuckoo Marans and 5 pure CM. My Cuckoo Marans rooster is the head guy, but I do have 2 silkie roosters that try their best
wink.png
, so we'll just have to see how they come out.

Back
Top Bottom