Anyone setting eggs 1/19/11?

I just set 12 "experimental eggs" that I purchased from a natural grocery store, similiar to TJ's. They say fertile, they are brown and I am clueless what they will turn out to be even if they hatch. I also set 12 show girl/silkie eggs at midnight so the "experimental eggs" are 16 hours behind the others.

Got the 50 eggs set in the incubator and temps are holding great...so now we just have to wait...Should have more to set by the end of the week.

Good luck everyone,
Christie
jumpy.gif

Hey, Christie! Good to see you here! I have 7 Delaware eggs in the bator on Day 12 and a staggered batch of 5 Dels and 7 BBS Orps on Day 3. Do you still have Welsummers? I was on your website recently and didn't see them!

Hey Cyn,
Nice to see you too! We have downsized alot. We sold the flock of welsummers last Spring and we just sold our large flock od buff dewlap toulouse geese too, they just moved to Kansas.
We are mainly just working on the breeds our kids are showing. We might branch into a few more chicken breeds this year, since we cut back so much on waterfowl. It has made a big difference in the feed bill already.

Talk to you soon,
Christie
big_smile.png

As soon as I get my duckies out of the incubator tomorrow I am setting eggs. I have a buch of mixes that I am checking fertility. They will be Delaware over NN BR RIR BA and my other mix girls. Curious to see what I get out of this crazy mix.

A friend and I have 40 in the bator for 10 days now. Polish, Silkies, Frizzles, Olive eggers and I contributed some EEs, black star, Blue Andalusions all crossed with my Welsummer/EE roo. We are candling them tomorrow...kinda excited to see what I get out of my crosses. This is the first time we have incubated...so we are having fun!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom